Writing a DVD/CD with Password Protected

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there any procedure to protected a CD/DVD when writing something inside it. i.e. whenever want to open CD/DVD , it need a password to open this CD/DVD that you have given when written on it . please help me . thank you. :oops:

Put the files in a password protected zip/rar and burn the archive on the disk.

Put the files in a password protected zip/rar and burn the archive on the disk.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Nice thought but I think there are some software which allow encryption of the disk and allow to set a password.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes there are paid softwares like Virtual CD which can create a special cd/dvd that needs password to open.still much better option is to use password protected archives since everyone can open them without needing some special software(everyone has winzip/winrar) & it also provides a way to check files are not corrupted(archive will give error during extraction if file has been corrupted).

Nice thought but I think there are some software which allow encryption of the disk and allow to set a password.

yes there are paid softwares like Virtual CD which can create a special cd/dvd that needs password to open.still much better option is to use password protected archives since everyone can open them without needing some special software(everyone has winzip/winrar) & it also provides a way to check files are not corrupted(archive will give error during extraction if file has been corrupted).
Most of such softwares are paid.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Using trucrypt create a file container, add your files. Then burn this file container to DVD. You could also add trucrypt portable version onto the same dvd so that user does not need to download trucrypt. Advantage of trucrypt over rar/zip archives is that the files decrypted on the fly and you can use it just like a normal drive.

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
just go to its website...

SecurDisc

here they say "Password protect your discs to keep sensitive data safe from prying eyes with Nero SecurDisc technology."

I have Nero 8 . is SecurDisc is available ?? or I will by nero 12 ??? or any version ???

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
i don't know,check the Nero 8 features list...
and u can download it a single application setup it is also included in Nero 12

I can't download SecurDisc 3.0 as a single . when ever click the link provide by you , it option to download Nero 12 . can you give me proper link of SecurDisc 3.0 as single download.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I can't download SecurDisc 3.0 as a single . when ever click the link provide by you , it option to download Nero 12 . can you give me proper link of SecurDisc 3.0 as single download.

looks like secure disc is bundled with Nero 12...download the 311 MB for Nero 12 and install SecureDisc from it...couldn't find separate package of it

Top Bottom