Worlds hottest graphics card? - 109°C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
^^Yup i know that this model has heating problems...
But shouldn't this thing shut down when it goes to very high temperatures?
yaa pls read *thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82664*thinkdigit.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=813048 seven no line!!!!

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^That thread wasnt there when i got this card.

Well removing ur heatsink or fan or even loosing any screw will void warranty. So, its better if u get it replaced rather than messing with it if it is in warranty.
Who knows, u might get one with symphony cooler attached with it!
Oh... Thanks for letting me know... I would have opened the heat sink today otherwise... :)

Last edited:
OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I just got my graphics card replaced. XFX replaced it with the newer UDD3 model and its factory overclocked.

But there is nothing "cool" about this card. I ran Crysis and it went upto 101C.
*img180.imageshack.us/img180/3458/17027555uj8.th.png

:|:|:|:|:|
So I'm still a proud owner of the XFX 8600GT Electric Stove edition:))

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
u can still make coffee, and thats XFX's proprietary feature.
high tempa may also be due to improper power.
wat PSu are u using?

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Oh.. I'll try my card in some other computer and check the temperatures.. I thought of applying some good thermal paste.. Will this void my warranty in any way?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you remove your gpu's heatsink to apply thermal paste it will void your warranty.

I'm planning to buy one of that card & fry egg on it :D - Just kidding :D

ECE0105

In the zone
Hey, So, my XFX 8600GT is not that bad after all... Only 70 Deg.

So, is this a reason to rejoice ?? or :-(

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
wow
even 8600M GT oc runs cooler than that the electric stove edition
it runs at max of 76c at 645/1550/1290

u can remove heatsink w/o voiding warranty
in most cases a sticker will be affixed over the rear end of the screw which holds the heatsink. If u can remove the sticker w.o damaging it, then u wont lose warranty.

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
Hey i checked my 8600gt temp and its showing 117°C..and that too in idle mode.. shall i replace it??

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
^^ no i dont smell any thing...or probably my smelling power is not that great

My GPU starts at 80 C and reaches 110C within 20 min..

will they replace it just because it overheats..i mean other than overheating it works fine...it stays below 120C even if i keep it powered on for 10 hrs..

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
bad luck nvidia. . my replacement was UAL3. . max it goes is 83C with atitool. . while gaming , doesnt even touch 80C...and i thought this was bad. .

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Hey i checked my 8600gt temp and its showing 117°C..and that too in idle mode.. shall i replace it??
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Damn.. Then i dont have the hottest 8600GT around..:D

There is no sticker on the screw holding the heat sink. So i guess ill buy some thermal paste.
Btw, this is factory overclocked. Ill reduce the clock and check the temperature..
The only thing thats different about UDD3 is that the fan blades are a little different from the older UDF7 model.

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Get it replaced..
101 C is a lot better than 117 C and if youre lucky you might get the UAL3 version which sagargv got..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom