Worlds hottest graphics card? - 109°C

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Hi guys..
I have an XFX 8600GT. It normally runs at 89-91°C while playing games.
I have 2 fans near the graphics card. 1 on the side of the cabinet near the PCI-e slot and the other above the PCI-e slot to blow air in and out respectively. I removed the fans and ran ATI-tool and it went upto 101°C.
*img293.imageshack.us/img293/5641/101ctc0.th.png

I ran 3d Mark 06 triangle test thing and the temperature went upto 109°C! (I had the fans running when i ran this)

*img113.imageshack.us/img113/2848/110chu6.th.png

Digg this

1) Is this like the hottest graphics card ever? :razz:
2) Whats the safe temperature limits of this card?
3) Shouldn't it shut down automatically when it overheats?

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
dude, just goto rashi and get the replacement.. u may even get it in minutes. .or in 2-3 days. .
i'm sure u remember that my old card was as bad as urs.

i think 110C is the threshold for this card after which it slows down.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
which grfx card version is dat?? is dat a UDF7 ?? UDF7 hav heating problems.....so if u hav dat, u will hav to live with it, rashi wont just give u replacement for dat.

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Yup i know that this model has heating problems...
But shouldn't this thing shut down when it goes to very high temperatures?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
which grfx card version is dat?? is dat a UDF7 ?? UDF7 hav heating problems.....so if u hav dat, u will hav to live with it, rashi wont just give u replacement for dat.

buddy , i got the replacement and i had a udf7. . they replaced it with ual3...

i dont think the system will power down unless the mobo / proccy gets too hot. . the gpu will throttle and reduce temp..

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
@sagargv: Do we have to pay extra for getting the newer model? Cuz its more expensive isnt it?

@NucleusKore: Yeah... And i can boil water too... Check my signature

@utsav: I bet you cant beat it with the heat sink(actively cooled) and 2 fans running near it... ;)

@praka: Yeah im proud of it:D You have to achieve something with computers you know... and i did this :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i did not pay anything extra. . i dont think ual3 is costlier coz it doesnt have zalman cooler but its much better than udf7 . .as far as my new card goes , max with ati tool was 83C at stock ( checked for half an hour ). . OCed to 640/800 it went to 85C .. i'm running at stock . .during gaming it doesnt cross 78C.

dude , u live in b'lore. . goto rashi and get the replacement . if u're lucky they'll give u the new card then and there itself. . when my comp dealer ( from whom i got my pc and g-card ) went to rashi , he was just 10 mins late. .coz they had run out of stock and they had given their last 8600GT as replacement to some other guy . then rashi couriered it to the dealer and he got the card back to me in 3 days. . .

I strongly recommend u to go and see rashi.
OR u cud wait till ur card burns and get a new one (i like this one ) .this was my original plan incase rashi refused to give replacement.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
hmm...even i've the same one! Mine is clocked 710/925, 24x7! Yep, UDF7 model. Somehow, got AS5 from Yantra! Applied that, and installed 80mm fan in front of the card, directly blowing air over it! The card idles at ~52 degrees and during max load it goes ~85 degrees. Hey, not bad for a electric stove! :D

Stuge

Youngling
I'm also using the Graphic card for the past 7 month and my Graphic card never reached that temp .

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
@sagargv: Do you have their number?

hmm...even i've the same one! Mine is clocked 710/925, 24x7! Yep, UDF7 model. Somehow, got AS5 from Yantra! Applied that, and installed 80mm fan in front of the card, directly blowing air over it! The card idles at ~52 degrees and during max load it goes ~85 degrees. Hey, not bad for a electric stove! :D
Oh... Thats cool... Even i have one fan blowing air right at it and one pulling air out right above the gfx card... Even then the card went to 109C when running 3D mark triangle test... But when i play games it wont go above 91C...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
BANGALORE
Rashi Peripherals Pvt Ltd.
6/14, Gurappa Avenue,
Primrose Road,
Bangalore - 560 025.
Tel No.: +91 - 080 - 25591522/25559301
Fax No.: +91 - 080 - 25581678
Email : manoja@rptechindia.com

got it from their official website.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
fry some french fries
and then when u get bored, call guiness

PS: that card will be ur best buddy in winter, no chilled nights but warmth around ur PC

praka123

left this forum longback
I remember my days with prescott 2.8Ghz and intel original mobo(D915GAV).it showed upto 100degrees!noise,restarts,thermal event messages!
OMG!later I changed the mobo for the currently used gigabyte 915GV one,and now temp is idling at 38degrees and max goes upto 60degrees :p

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Wow! But it doesnt beat my cards temperature of 109C... ;)

Guys, will applying some thermal heat paste help?

praka123

left this forum longback
^dont know yaar!I recommend somebody to submit this thread to DIGG,poor nvidia yaar can auction his card for $$$$,those firangis are crazy about such things :lol:

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Submitted to Digg...
If anyone is ready to buy this amazing piece of sh!t then ill sell it... But not for a cheap price.. ;) I'm ready to exchange this with a 3870X2... Anyone up for the deal? ;):))

Digg this

praka123

left this forum longback
^Arey!kya yaar!:D meine to Majaak ke liye bas bol diya or tu ne to digg me sach moch submit kar diya :shock:
anyways I dugged!
count 2! :D
see the anon count now? 9 anonymous viewers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom