Worlds hottest graphics card? - 109°C

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I thought it was a good idea to submit it to digg.. So i submitted it... :D
So anyone up for the deal? Exchanging my multi-purpose 8600GT with a 3870X2 or 8800GTX Ultra? :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Nowadays everybody are goin for HOT hardwares and u have managed to get one...
Tell gals, 'ive hotter card than u nd performs gr8 too':D

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Gals normally wont have a graphics card... Even if they do, they wont know what it is.. :D

amitash

Intel OCer
an overheating 8600gt for a 3870x2??:shock: i wudn even give u my old 7600gt.....good luck replacing it by the way...

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
looks like the guy here had a similar problem.
read on to find what he did.

I just bought a new computer a while ago and it comes with a program thingy that tells you the temp of the cpu and stuff. So I noticed the cpu was running a little hot. I took of the side of the case to leave it open and that helped a bit but not a big bunch. So I heard that water cooling works real good so I tried it.

After spraying some fine mist in the case of just pure clean water, a short while after, the computer just stopped working!

I'm now having to use my old laptop just to type this here. What went wrong? Why is this water cooling thing such a big deal when it doesn't seem to do anything but hurt the computer?!

I'm taking it in to my computer store to get fixed and the guy said he'll explain it to me then but I just wanted to know in advance from ppl who might know so I don't get ripped off with false info. I mean I don't want him to try to charge me more for stuff just cuz I'm no computer expert.

TY ahead of time for the advice.
:D :D :D
and post what u think.
(hope this has not been posted before)

amitash

Intel OCer
omfg...either tat guy has half a brain or hes just a beaten up wreck of a man who wants attention from everyone else....
its worth getting an internet connection just to read tis...

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^that guy is most probably just faking it. but he is good at it.

also i remember watching a video on youtube, in which they assemble a pc in side a fish tank. and while the pc is up and running, pour oil inside the tank, up to the brim. (the pc works fine).
i'll try to find that link.

EDIT: here it is
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwdCn1nlAkA

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I also clocked My Laptop's CPU to around 110C while encoding a AVI home video in DVD format, after which is self detected temprature and Died in Peace( Read Thermal Cutout).

Ask the deal he said its normal as The room temperature here is itself around 45C these days.

But My AMD athlon is running at 40-45C most of the time.
in winters it runs around 28C:D

Nowerdays i keep my CPU intensive tasks for night only as its cooler.

@nvidia
whats the avg room temp in B'lore?

have you tried using home made water cooling ? Keep a boiler vessel attached to the card and use it to boil water. It both removes the heat and helps you save heating costs. You can cook vegetables in it, you can heat water for taking bath, and even drink some nice hot water to help the dry throat.

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Whoa! Why didnt i think if that?
The problem with the whole plan is that i cant keep a boiler vessel above the card cuz there isnt much space:(:D

Now will applying some thermal paste help? Will it void my warranty?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well removing ur heatsink or fan or even loosing any screw will void warranty. So, its better if u get it replaced rather than messing with it if it is in warranty.
Who knows, u might get one with symphony cooler attached with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom