WordPress Theme Messed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I did nothing. Nothing at all. No new plugins installed. Didn't even go into the Theme Editor for days yet, today the the side bar on the index page is messed up. The post page seems fine but the index page is messed up at the bottom. Any suggestions?

What is being shown now:

*img147.imageshack.us/img147/7824/fottermessedfr2.th.jpg

What should be shown:

*img139.imageshack.us/img139/9780/footermessed2ry7.th.jpg

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Thank you for that insight, now tell me how to get it back into shape. :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well actually your footer comes after the content and then sidebar comes. So naturally it just overflowed when you the length increased past a certain limit.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Length of sidebar or of content? I removed some stuff from the widgets, no help. Ok here is the funny thing:

lower half of index page:

Code:
    </div>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>    
           <?php get_footer(); ?>

</body>

This is same as that of Single Post (which is proper) & 404 (which again is proper). now if I interchange get_sidebar & get_footer, the sidebar goes back on top but I still have that extra white band at the bottom.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
after some minutes of noob hacking I was able to get this:
*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Screenshot-1-3.png

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Length of sidebar or of content? I removed some stuff from the widgets, no help. Ok here is the funny thing:

lower half of index page:
This is same as that of Single Post (which is proper) & 404 (which again is proper). now if I interchange get_sidebar & get_footer, the sidebar goes back on top but I still have that extra white band at the bottom.
Well its the sidebar, happened with my theme too at one time :p

let me see abt that white band.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
well actually your footer comes after the content and then sidebar comes. So naturally it just overflowed when you the length increased past a certain limit.

Your footer is getting fixed height somehow which should be fluid. I think you need to do some CSS cleanup.

mrintech

Technomancer
Your case is of broken footer. Better download the theme pack again and re initiate it. Or ask at the Theme developers support forums

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How can it happen on it's own?
main thing to check is your CSS style sheet.

And did you by any chance added some div element in one of your posts and forgot to close it. Just see your page no. 2.
*www.beingmanan.com/wp/page/2/
whole sidebar is at bottom.

it has some posts which have some stray divs.

I can surely tell that it started from that page only :D:D:D Try to see which post of yours is the culprit.

page 3 and onward shows your site as it was meant to be.

EDIT: seems like you are experimenting now, so the sidebar is at the bottom in first page now :D

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
k, i guess this problem can be seen in FF.
On opera, everthing looks fine.
In FF, the sidebar has shifted down and centered!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Even in IE! (though the positive here is that IE 7 is as good if not better than FF) :D

main thing to check is your CSS style sheet.

And did you by any chance added some div element in one of your posts and forgot to close it. Just see your page no. 2.
*www.beingmanan.com/wp/page/2/
whole sidebar is at bottom.

it has some posts which have some stray divs.

I can surely tell that it started from that page only :D:D:D Try to see which post of yours is the culprit.

page 3 and onward shows your site as it was meant to be.

EDIT: seems like you are experimenting now, so the sidebar is at the bottom in first page now :D
Page 2 shows it properly and I don't use any div tags to write posts.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well there is one way to remove that white patch, see if you like it, though that blue area below has reduced :rolleyes:
*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Screenshot-2-2.png

Dont worry abt that sidebar, i know how to fix that.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The only problem that is bugging me is that how can something happen on it's own. And once it has happened, why can't it be undone? I mean the CSS fix is an improvisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom