Wordpress DB Backup via Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakitude

Journeyman
Its not a tutorial...just useful info...for those who dont know...

Backing up your Blog Database regularly is very important. :rolleyes:

You can easily get your blog database backup via email daily. You just have to install two plugins. One comes installed with wordpress package. :p

1. Wordpress Database Backup Plugin - On-demand backup of your WordPress database. (Download)

2. WP-Cron Plugin - for automatic periodic execution of actions. (Download)

Just install and activate these plugins from wordpress plugins panel.

www.your_blog_address/wp-admin/plugins.php

After activating goto Manage> Backup
*www.your_blog_address/wp-admin/edit.php?page=wp-db-backup.php

Then Enter your email address and automatic backup interval.

DONE !! :cool:

OP
F

freakitude

Journeyman
this plugin sends wordpress db backup automatically via email every day....

There is no such option in phpMyAdmin...it can be done via contrab but its bit hard....

ahref

In the zone
There is an alternate way also, that method work in all type of database driven site including blog. No need to install any third party plugin. Check here

*www.helloashok.com/php/database-backup/19/

tuxfan

Technomancer
Why would one want a back-up everyday? :shock: And over a period of time, your DB starts getting bigger!

Anyway, its a matter of preference. I prefer phpMyAdmin export, import.

In what format do you get a DB backup via this plugin? How can you restore it? Any idea?

OP
F

freakitude

Journeyman
it sends gzip compressed sql file...db starts getting bigger over time but for personal blog it will be few mbs ...i am not talking bout backing up wikipedia...hehehe...
tuxfan said:
Why would one want a back-up everyday? :shock: And over a period of time, your DB starts getting bigger!

Anyway, its a matter of preference. I prefer phpMyAdmin export, import.

In what format do you get a DB backup via this plugin? How can you restore it? Any idea?

ahref

In the zone
I backuped recently after 2-3 month So IMHO backing up daily is a waste of bandwidth
It depends upon how much frequently your data changes. For one of my site I take backup everyday through cron job. Other reason of my taking up backup so frequently is, I have experience of some of the worst hosts of India, who shut down your site abruptly without allowing you take the backup of your site.

OP
F

freakitude

Journeyman
i too take backup daily....why take the risk of losing your blog posts when you can take backup automatically....and for bandwidth i am not even using 1% of my dreamhost bandwidth so i am not worried about that....

@tuxy bhai 2-3 months is a long time :-D

tuxfan

Technomancer
I am talking about my blog!! Not hosting server files! :D

I don't blog too much. So for me, 2-3 month is ok :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom