Woman who attended Rahul event burnt to death by husband

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
A woman Congress worker who had attended Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi's event in Jorhat on Wednesday has paid with her life for doing so, it is learnt.

According to reports, Congress ward member from Bekajan gaon panchayat in eastern Assam's Jorhat district Bonti Chutiya, has been burnt to death by her husband on Friday following an argument they had over, what police have said, some "misunderstanding".

The husband also tried to set ablaze himself and has been rushed to the nearest hospital with serious burn injuries.

According to reports, both were rushed to Dibrugarh Medical College Hospital, 130km east of Jorhat town. While Bonti died on Thursday, her husband was in a critical condition.

According to initial reports, the couple had a heated argument over the news report that she had allegedly kissed Rahul at the event where Rahul addressed women Congress workers after which the husband set her afire. Reports have added, the police were yet to confirm if the death of Bonti was murder or accident. Her husband Someswar Chutiya, a farmer, had suffered 60 per cent burns.

However, the Assam Director General of Police (DGP) has said the Congress woman worker burnt by husband did not kiss Rahul, but was among the women Rahul met at the Jorhat event.

But the husband misunderstood and started arguing with her over the alleged kissing incident. Police said the woman and her husband were not on good terms and when she arrived late, they had a fight which ended in the husband setting the woman on fire.

A national daily said members from the self-help groups Rahul met have also said she was not among the women who kissed Rahul. They said coming back home very late might have led to the argument that probably culminated into the sad incident.

*media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories/rahul-2_650_030114103305.jpg

Source : Assam woman who attended Rahul event burnt to death by husband : India, News - India Today

PS: I am dead serious, that's his name.

quicky008

Technomancer
The woman essentially signed her death warrant the day she married that guy with such an obnoxious and repulsive name-its quite obvious that someone who uses the aforementioned adjective as his name won't exactly be the paragon of virtue,so to speak.Therefore it isn't surprising at all that such a grave harm has befallen her as a consequence of her stupidity. (seriously,if the allegations against her are true,i wonder wth was she thinking when she decided to kiss that dolt and put her own life in jeopardy)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Chutiya is a respectable surname in my state and I would be obliged if you guys don't link it to the hindi word.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what he did was cruel but it not justified to think all people with their surname Chutiya will be like that.

sksundram

In the zone
^^to link a surname with behaviour would be so wrong. do u want me to edit my post coz definitely my emphasis was on his evil doings and no way was meant to disrespect people with that surname.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^^to link a surname with behaviour would be so wrong. do u want me to edit my post coz definitely my emphasis was on his evil doings and no way was meant to disrespect people with that surname.

Nah it's okay. As long as no one repeats it in the future.
Aren't you the guy I said stfu to?
Sorry for that.
It was my mistake after all(actually the bios' which was showing wrong info and now it's showing correct after updating it).

sksundram

In the zone
It's ok now. I move on quick. as a matter of fact I don't even remember if it was you or somebody else (weak memory helps!).

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm sorry if anyone found my post "offensive"-Seamon appears to be right,I suppose its not necessary that someone will be a bad person just because he/she has an unusual surname.And i honestly didn't know that the aforesaid expression isn't considered rude or vulgar in certain circles-please forgive my ignorance in this matter.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The woman essentially signed her death warrant the day she married that guy with such an obnoxious and repulsive name-its quite obvious that someone who uses the aforementioned adjective as his name won't exactly be the paragon of virtue,so to speak.Therefore it isn't surprising at all that such a grave harm has befallen her as a consequence of her stupidity. (seriously,if the allegations against her are true,i wonder wth was she thinking when she decided to kiss that dolt and put her own life in jeopardy)

What's in the name ? Try not to judge people over their names. Come out of your shell.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The reason I pointed out his name is so that people don't think that the news is fake or just some parody or something.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Now a days people have become so obsessed with man bashing that without any sort of link they just downright start to bash the man. No body said anything about the fact that "the man also got 60% burn injuries"...

funskar

Padawan
Now a days people have become so obsessed with man bashing that without any sort of link they just downright start to bash the man. No body said anything about the fact that "the man also got 60% burn injuries"...

+1
Between it's proven rahul gandhi is pan**ti whereve he goes the lives suffers:evil:

Minion

Conversation Architect
I don't know why people are bashing man only... Will anybody accepts if someone wife kisses an unknown guy in public it will hurt ego for sure.. I don't know why people are always against man..

Even what is the need for that woman to kiss mr. rahul I don't think she has done right.

Top Bottom