WMP 11 codec missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Mad and Furious
Hi friends, recently I tried playing a .wav file in my WMP 11. But WMP returned an error saying that the required codecs to play the .wav files were missing. I searched everywhere, but couldnt find a codec for playing a .wav file. Please help me.

I cannot convert my .wav files to .mp3 using Db PowerAmp Music Converter, cause it says the required codec to de-compress the file is missing. .mp3 files play perfectly in my player

Someone please help me getting these codecs...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Install K-lite Codec Pack and get rid of codec problems. It is free codec package containing almost all media codecs.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
redhat said:
Hi friends, recently I tried playing a .wav file in my WMP 11. But WMP returned an error saying that the required codecs to play the .wav files were missing. I searched everywhere, but couldnt find a codec for playing a .wav file. Please help me.

wmp 11 does not require codec pack coz its already inbuilt by default for wav files.. may be their is some problem with ur wav file.

as suggest by others use k-lite mega codec pack.

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
Let me clarify,
WMP was able to play the wav files before. But, I was playing a wav file when due to something, my computer abruptly restarted, the wav codec got corrupted. Now after this, im unable to play the wav files.

BTW, I saw the list that k-lite provides, i had seen it before i posted here, it has codecs for various formats, but since all players come equipped with .wav files, this codec is not provided with it.

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
I tried that too, but to no avail!!

Please help!!!!!!!!
Most of my songs are in wav format and because the wav codec is corrupted, I cannot even convert these files to mp3!!!

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Repair WMP 11 installation or Reinstall it to solve the problem.If still the problem persists use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack as suggested;)

Edit: Try this, go HERE and install the appropriate codec pack for your installation of WMP...:)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
redhat said:
Let me clarify,
WMP was able to play the wav files before. But, I was playing a wav file when due to something, my computer abruptly restarted, the wav codec got corrupted. Now after this, im unable to play the wav files.

BTW, I saw the list that k-lite provides, i had seen it before i posted here, it has codecs for various formats, but since all players come equipped with .wav files, this codec is not provided with it.

WAV pack is included in K-lite. It seems like your WAV codec is corrupted. I would again say you to install K-lite codec pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom