Wireless ADSL Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_garg

Broken In
hii frnds,
i'm using BSNL 250 home plan and i have got an ADSL modem from BSNL but now i want to upgrade my internet connection to unlimited plan and planning to use it on my lappy.

Help me to choose a good ADSL router, shud i get the router from BSNL or from outside like belkin or netgear etc... whats the diff..? there is a huge price diff between BSNL and belkin Routers, don't know why.?

my laptop details

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2GHz 667MHz 2MB)
Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
Memory 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz
Hard drive 250GB 5400
Communication Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

let me know which ADSL routers will support my laptop and what will be the price of it.?

Kolkata

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check Linksys ADSL2+ wireless gateway. costs around 3k and is pretty good model with solid support and very easy to use connectivity interface

shri

Always Fresh!
According to me go with BSNL routers.
Firstly - as you said - they are cheap.
Second most important point is BSNL so called 'technicians' only know to configure and setup routers available with them. So when something goes wrong (which will) and a 'technician' comes to your house for repairs, his first words will be "What is this? We don't provide support for this..."

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^With routers like Linksys, you don't have to rely on BSNL uncles. You just give a call to Linksys and the response will be much more professional.

adi007

Youngling
First of all change your plan
Trust me when i say 250 plan is the crappiest plan ..it charged me 4000 rs when i exceeded the limit..1 GB is not enough for casual browsing too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom