windows xp sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
hi all,

windows xp sp3 is offered of download by some sites....though its not officially released by microsoft. so are those update a fake one...and really don't worth updating???

thax

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
They are not fake, just not official! They have just bundled all the updates released by microsoft so far.. Kinda like autopatcher..

kalpik

No! Microsoft may add a LOT more things to SP3! Just like they introduced the XP firewall in SP2!

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
actually MS advised ppl not to use it.. there will be changes in SP3 released by MS like there were in sp2 like better firewall, security centre... such things are not there in unofficial one

S

SignificantMind

Ms is shit i don't want to download sp3 because of more ads and crap!

champ_rock

champ_rock
they r planning for a series release of sp3, then sp4 in a month (to cover the loopholes of sp3) , then sp5 etc etc............ :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
AFAIK sp3 is suppose to be out after vista. then how come you can trust this one???I guess its just sp2+hotfixes+power toys

anandk

Distinguished Member
i had installed almost 90% of these sp3 fixes. some were unstable. some made my firewall disappear. i systemrestored back !

though these r released by microsoft, they state that some of them might b unstable...maybe they r thus just testing it on us. i would not advice 'sp3' installation...for the moment !

Kniwor

Learner
nothing like sp3 is still out... they have just bunded the updates by microsoft... so it's safe...
but when microsoft releases a service pack it just does not put all the updates...
so a sp3 by microsoft has nothing to do with this sp3...
but if u want all the updates just download it...
it should be harmless unless some notorious guy has put up a virus for u in there.... anyone can make any file and name it sp3..... it can contain anyhthing....... who restricts...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Sp3 will be released in 2007 according to Microsoft!

And never believe on such 3rd party Sp3, they contains microsoft updates but may also contain spywares/ viruses...

Better to wait for official SP3...

kalpik

Yup.. SP3 is scheduled to be released after the release of vista, which will be in Q1 2007. Just keep ur computer updated via windows updates and you'l be fine till then ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
shwetanshu said:
actually MS advised ppl not to use it.. there will be changes in SP3 released by MS like there were in sp2 like better firewall, security centre... such things are not there in unofficial one

the Pre_beta Sp3 which is there at MS Beta site comes with OneCare...

its not call the proper Service Pack... rather a big patch...

version as Pre SP2 & Post SP2.... (Post SP2 = 147MB, pre SP2 = i dont have access to download...)

they need feed back on that...

it dont get install on a system which doesnt has any SP installed... it has the beta 2 IE7 inside... but not the dotnet2 package....

also the useual thing.... NO SP2 key (pirated off course) allows that SP installation...

oh also u must validate before install... same like IE7 BEta... (which sucks big time... why a beta need validation??) but installation is quicker than SP2... much quicker... i dont find any vidualchange....

also a big change is FTM... Microsoft File transefar Manager... a download manager from MS... wah!! but the sadest part is, i cant configure it to download any other product... its only downloading MS beta products... :cry:

it supports the /integrate key .... :D :D

for a official reales... fuss!! man... another year...

Windows Service Pack Road Map

Microsoft Support Lifecycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom