Windows XP SP3 RC1 is out...err...unofficially though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
Windows Xp Sp3 is ok.. nothing so good that i can make out of it.. am using it.. but i can't find anything so interesting to quote out.. :)

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
hey shantanu!!! why did u remove that dwnld link??? :confused:

i wil wait for the official release though, cant trust non-official release.

but has any1 tried out that here??? wat things has really been updated???

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Whats BETTER in SP3 over SP2??

apart from the obvious security patches which are released the whole year..

anything really NEW??

shantanu

Technomancer
When Sp3 is not officially out, it has to be a beta tester's pradise :D , but its not legal to post links here like that of a illegal thing... (its illegal to distribute the package without its official release)

somethings discovered : the shutdown time is just 3 seconds and startup is much faster, some unwanted services are also removed.. :)

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
^^^but that download link was from microsoft itself..

and shantanu u r the most active mod of this forum. sorry to say but other mods r too lazy :razz: :mrgreen:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
shantanu said:
somethings discovered : the shutdown time is just 3 seconds and startup is much faster, some unwanted services are also removed..

in your MAMMOTH pc things are definitely gonna get fast... what was it like earlier with SP2? 4 sec? :D

doesnt make much difference to people like me with celerons and semprons :(

OP
spitfire

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
fun2sh said:
^^^but that download link was from microsoft itself..

and shantanu u r the most active mod of this forum. sorry to say but other mods r too lazy :razz: :mrgreen:

Nopes..the download link wasnt from microsoft..its hosted on a file sharing website..so Shantanu did the right thinng.:)..I kinda forgot that fact

The sp3 rc1 is legally available through MSDN for the subscribers I think.
Get it from there if you have a subscription or you can PM members who happened to have the link..

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Startup and shutdown times may not be that different from the latest and the oldest..when i made a switch over from my old to new ,there Wasnt much diff in either time.
So this shutdown and startup should be universal only with very slight delay in older ones.anyhow all that matters is,for the most of time, even in SP2 it was fast except for sometime where it will hang for no reason,may be we will hope that kinda things dont appear with SP3.
For visual change why dont yöü try,royale theme,or zune themes,which are official and only 2 mb ..
I think the like is not illegal...
Even we had link to vista rc's here...
Since its from the ms..its not illegal..
I think may be a word of caution can be given for the newbie's ...about the uncertainity about the software.
I dont see any anything illegal by posting an link from the official source.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Vishal Gupta said:
bcoz Service packs are not supposed to contain GUI Changes. They are just pack of updates and a few new features. ;)

Hey i heard that this particular release of sp3 contains only the updates post sp2. Nothing more. So someone who keeps his system on automatic updates need not download and install this. Is that true?

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ do you care to explain what's so new in service packs?... what new FEATURE was added in SP2 over SP1 or say SP1 over the intial version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom