Windows XP SP3 RC1 is out...err...unofficially though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) provides new proactive security technologies for Windows XP to better defend against viruses, worms, and hackers along with increased manageability and an improved experience for users. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 fixes a range of bugs in Windows XP. It doesn't matter what XP updates you have previously applied to your system, SP3 will update any unpatched, partially patched or completely updated system (it includes all previously released patches and updates). XP SP3 fixes the security holes so you won't get attacked.

It is meant for approved bete testers only..but the file is already flooding in the p2p world.Public beta will be out shortly

Homepage - *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/

Last edited by a moderator:

praka123

left this forum longback
..and that is the year when XP support will be terminated by M$FT :twisted: XP will have the fate of win98se then :D
but hopefully,as vista is still not embraced by many,XP may be supported for few more years?

OP
spitfire

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Third Eye said:
It will be released in the first half of 2008.

According to some insiders ,Beta1 is expected in jan 2008 and final release around end of the first half of 2008

pathiks said:
2 days old.
nopes...3days to be precise..:p:p
was quite surprised to see no thread abt this on this forum so bothered to post it
cheers :eek:

nvidia8800 said:
Thanks for the info...
Hope SP3 will have really good new features for XP.

not likely....it will be just an accumulation of security updates till date.
Actually service packs arent meant to enhance features but yes..sp2 was an exception

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
praka123 said:
..and that is the year when XP support will be terminated by M$FT :twisted: XP will have the fate of win98se then :D
but hopefully,as vista is still not embraced by many,XP may be supported for few more years?

what wud happen then?? suppose if i STILL wanna use XP, wud i be able to use it by lets say 2009 beginning??

praka123

left this forum longback
may be.else u as a windows user may have to go the Vista way!else use Linux.
some unofficial support for xp too can be expected.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
i gues if one keeps his Xp Prof updated as much as possible and virus/malware free, one can still enjoy the use by almost an year or so

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
enticer86 said:
what wud happen then?? suppose if i STILL wanna use XP, wud i be able to use it by lets say 2009 beginning??

Nothing, u can continue to use it till 2012 if u like. Just that Microsoft will not make frequent security updates for XP after the support is over. What do u think they will keep on making updates for a 10 years old OS still ? (win 98 here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom