[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

hareesh

Broken In
The problem now is - my Win XP bootable cd is not getting detected, so I'm unable to re-install Win XP :-(

hareesh

Broken In
It isn't. But you should upgrade. Vyom runs Win 7 on his P4 so I guess that your PC can also handle it easily. I mean, seriously upgrade. :)

May be one day !

But my pc is giving the blue screen of death message when I try to install xp.error 000007

Let me get out of that first

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
May be one day !

But my pc is giving the blue screen of death message when I try to install xp.error 000007

Let me get out of that first
If you are trying to install the Windows XP from scratch on the laptop, please BE SURE that you put the Hard Drive on "Compatibility" mode in BIOS, which was defaulted to "AHCI" (Compatibility is also known as IDE).

Otherwise, you will experience the "blue screen" issue. To change that setting, you need to do the following:
1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'
source

This happened with me, after XP loads setup files, it'd crash - BSOD. reason was - my HDD was in AHCI mode in BIOS (windows Vista/7)

----------
And if anyone dont have solution for problems posted here, dont say "upgrade/buy new stuff..."

hareesh

Broken In
thanks guys for your support !

@ gameranand - I finally installes Win 7 on my PC. I bought a 1 GB DDR2 ram.
Now the problem- Initially I was having a 1 gb ddr2 ram with 667 mhz, the new one I bought is having 800 mhz. the system now shows 333 Mhz !

*i49.tinypic.com/3469qnl.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's because of the 667 Mhz memory module you have - the 800 Mhz ram is running at 667 Mhz for better stability and compatibility.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at-least I still use it though stripped down, moded and heavily customized using nlite ;-)

avi12

Right off the assembly line
Hi Vishal,

Very useful post :)

I am facing a problem with cut and paste.

I am not able to cut and paste any file/folder in 1st attempt. I get the error as below. Only in 2nd attempt the file can be cut and pasted. What could be the reason?

Error Copying File or Folder

Cannot copy <filename> : It is being used by another person or program.

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ are you using any 3rd party app for copy/paste works - if yes, use only windows copy system instead and to unlock any files/flders use unlocker - unlock it and then try to copy again .. if you face the same issue check your HDD for bad sectors.

Top Bottom