Windows xp administrator password

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has forgotten his Windows XP's password. Is there any way to login without formatting?

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Press Alt + Ctrl + Del at login screen
Enter User Name Administrator Password (nothing) and press Enter

If this doesn't works, try booting into safe mode or use Hiren Boot CD to remove the password

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
First solution doesn't do anything. I logged in via safe mode but still it asks for the username and password :( Brother is 15.2 a good version

Download Hiren?s BootCD 15.2 | HBCD Fan & Discussion Platform

And my dear after downloading the zip file do we need to unzip it first before burning the contents on a cd?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Man I downloaded it and when I opened the BIOS screen of Windows XP, it had like 8-10 options but none of them said boot from cd/usb :( I am confused.

Use YUMI to create the bootable usb.

YUMI ? Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

Boot from USB without BIOS Support via PLoP CD | USB Pen Drive Linux

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Use YUMI to create the bootable usb.

YUMI ? Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

Boot from USB without BIOS Support via PLoP CD | USB Pen Drive Linux

Brother don't have time for all that. Is there any easy way out? Yaar why are we not able to see the boot from cd/usb option?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
which version of windows xp is it?
do you want to log in to recover data or some other reason?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Brother don't have time for all that. Is there any easy way out? Yaar why are we not able to see the boot from cd/usb option?
The motherboard BIOS doesn't supports booting from USB. Plop Boot Manager in YUMI should bypass that limitation.

Edit:

My bad, its not YUMI, its Bootice.
Download bootice. Download BOOTICE 32-Bit - MajorGeeks
Select the destination disk
Click process MBR
Select Plop Boot Manager
Click Install/Config.

More Info:
what you in NEED?: A small tutorial for BOOTICE Users...

(it's a friend's blog)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
donno if this works... does not require Hiren's Boot CD though it does similar thing
Recover Your Windows XP Administrator Password With The Installation Disk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
which version of windows xp is it?
do you want to log in to recover data or some other reason?

Win Xp SP 3. We want to recover data and if possible reset the password or want just a login authority

The motherboard BIOS doesn't supports booting from USB. Plop Boot Manager in YUMI should bypass that limitation.

Edit:

My bad, its not YUMI, its Bootice.
Download bootice. Download BOOTICE 32-Bit - MajorGeeks
Select the destination disk
Click process MBR
Select Plop Boot Manager
Click Install/Config.

More Info:
what you in NEED?: A small tutorial for BOOTICE Users...

(it's a friend's blog)

But bro it should support Boot from CD na, unfortunately that was not in the options. Why is that so? And the links that you have posted seems great, but I can't take risk with them as I will make a mess out of it.

donno if this works... does not require Hiren's Boot CD though it does similar thing
Recover Your Windows XP Administrator Password With The Installation Disk

Brother we don't have the Win XP SP3 cd, the pc came preinstalled with it. Now even if I get the cd from someone it will not work because the cd key will be different.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Press Alt + Ctrl + Del at login screen
Enter User Name Administrator Password (nothing) and press Enter

If this doesn't works, try booting into safe mode or use Hiren Boot CD to remove the password

I know about this trick.. Why it doesn't work on 7 or later?

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME

What exactly is happening when you boot in Safe mode..?

Usually there will be your account and Administrator too. Login to that Admin and remove the password of your account from Control panel>User accounts..!

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Simple way out for you. Install Ubunutu as dual boot. You will be able to access Windows XP's C drive and files in it. Copy it to a safe place. Format C drive and reinstall Windows. Probably Windows 7 this time.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Simple way out for you. Install Ubunutu as dual boot. You will be able to access Windows XP's C drive and files in it. Copy it to a safe place. Format C drive and reinstall Windows. Probably Windows 7 this time.

He can't boot using CD or USB, how do you think he'll install ubuntu? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom