Windows Update Service and other services are not running?????????Need help

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Guys, i just found out that the windows update service and many other services are not running. I currently have Windows 7............Do i need to format it and install once more... When i turn on the updates , it says " Windows update cannot currently check for updates , because the service is currently not working. You may need to restart your computer." Some other services like Background Intelligent Transfer Service are also not running. Someone Please Help.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Open an elevated command prompt and type this -
sfc /scannow
Keep the Windows 7 setup DVD/flash drive handy.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
write click on "computer" then click "manage".click on "srevices and applications" and click on 'services". There will an option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service". Try to turn it on by double clicking on it. Then start windows update serivce from the same menu

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
WTH has happened now..........I did what was told by Vignesh B , everything went fine, when it asked to restart , i restarted. But after logging in , when i right click , it doesnt come. when i click start button, it doesnt appear, when i go to My computer using shortcut , no disk appears ........................ But i can play games..........

Vignesh B

Youngling
WTH has happened now..........I did what was told by Vignesh B , everything went fine, when it asked to restart , i restarted. But after logging in , when i right click , it doesnt come. when i click start button, it doesnt appear, when i go to My computer using shortcut , no disk appears ........................ But i can play games..........
That's seriously odd. That command only verifies the integrity of Windows file. Can you execute in once more?

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Restarted Dozens of times. Same result . Restarted even in safe mode. Same result. The Beautiful thing is that , No Text Appears !!! Lol !!! No Folders Appears !!!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Then Repair using disk.

Then Repair using disk.

Ctrl+shift+esc
will it launch task manager?

Ctrl+shift+esc
will it launch task manager?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Restarted Dozens of times. Same result . Restarted even in safe mode. Same result. The Beautiful thing is that , No Text Appears !!! Lol !!! No Folders Appears !!!

not even the title and address bar ??

if these^ are appearing, then open any folder (if you can) and click on tools ->Folder Options ->click "show hidden Files and Folders"

Vignesh B

Youngling
Hmm, try using repair option after booting from the setup DVD. It kind off does the same job.
Btw am sorry. :( I didn't expect it to mess up your PC.

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
No , you were right . I thought of that before itself , But didnt knew those commands . I knew Windows 7 Had a feature like that . But , it doesnt matter ....Cheers !!! Now I have to search for the CD ....

Top Bottom