Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

Neo

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/06/20110627-08183121--img3721.jpg

Make no mistake, Microsoft isn't playing coy in the smartphone market any longer. The folks in Redmond are making a significant jump forward in the mobile arena, announcing that the upcoming version of Windows Phone, codenamed "Mango," will be heading to a device near you in time for the holidays. As its competitors have raised the bar of expectations to a much higher level, Microsoft followed suit by adding at least 500 features to its mobile investment, which the company hopes will plug all of the gaping holes the first two versions left open.

We received a Samsung Focus preloaded with the most recent developer build (read: not even close to the market release version) and we had a few good days to put it through its paces. It's still far from completion, as there were several key features that we couldn't test out; some weren't fully implemented, and others involved third-party apps that won't be updated until closer to launch. Yet we don't want to call this build half-baked -- in fact, it was surprisingly smooth for software that still has at least four months to go before it's available for public consumption.

At the risk of sounding ridiculously obvious, we're mighty interested in seeing the final result when all is said and done this holiday season. As a disclaimer, we can't guarantee that the stuff we cover here will actually look or act the same when it's ready to peek out and make its official introduction in Q4; as often happens, features and UI enhancements are subject to be changed by the Windows Phone team as Mango gets closer and closer to release. Let's get straight to brass tacks, since there's a lot of details to dive into. It'd be best to grab a large beverage (we'd recommend a Big Gulp, at least), find your most comfortable chair, and meet us after the break.

click here to view the full engadget article.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am waiting for this Mango....wanna see how WM7 performs after update...I hope it will become worth considering

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Mango = 4 months from now. and by that time we'll have Android's next major mobile update i.e. ice cream sandwich. instead of adding 500 features, M$ should first fix the basic features.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Mango = 4 months from now. and by that time we'll have Android's next major mobile update i.e. ice cream sandwich. instead of adding 500 features, M$ should first fix the basic features.

SAM dont be pessimistic...Its always possible that ice cream sadwich can be a great let down and Mango is surprisingly superb;-)

After all its a compititive world.:-D

donno y people just become fanboys like they used to praise symbian 3 years ago...its the best blah blah...no one can beat it ...now symbian is nearly dead...now its time for android to face compitition

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

nah. heard that Mango might be available starting July. and do note that WP7 is picking up really well in Europe and USA now and it may start giving serious competition to Apple and Google in a year's time. but, had MS put all these features in first iteration, it would've started eating at iOS and Android market share by now.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
nah. heard that Mango might be available starting July. and do note that WP7 is picking up really well in Europe and USA now and it may start giving serious competition to Apple and Google in a year's time. but, had MS put all these features in first iteration, it would've started eating at iOS and Android market share by now.

Mango is actually available for developers. You will have to unlock your phone and then flash it with mango. I've tried it using emulator and it looks good. Particularly the browser is much of an improvement over Symbian

OP
Neo

Neo

Mango is actually available for developers. You will have to unlock your phone and then flash it with mango. I've tried it using emulator and it looks good. Particularly the browser is much of an improvement over Symbian

on which phone have you done the flashing??
will it work for Nokia 5800??
also tell frow where you downloaded it.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
how can you expect WM7.5 to work on a mobile designed for symbian. the kernel won't work. the H/W requirements are are about 2 times that you'll find on 5800.

true..even though the architecture of symbian devices suite for WM, the lack of more powerful components would be the big factor..forget about to flash WP7.5 on s60 5th devices..they have less onboard memony + less ram + less rom + processor is not so powerful as even s60 5th OS doesn't run properly while multitasking..symbain 3's n8, e7 would be the other factor..

Top Bottom