Windows 7 Password

prateek007391

In the zone
A friend of mine needed my help with the laptop, he said it was not working well.

However now I have stumbled upon a very stupid problem, I forgot to take password of Windows 7. And now His mobile is switched off.

Is there anyway to reset the password,

I inserted windows 7 cd --> Repair your Computer -->
in Command Prompt

I used command

net user

but the username is not listed with that command. I think the problem is because his username is - "My Parent is my God"

Anyone here is it possible I can ever reset his password or will have to wait till I get password from him.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
download and boot from trinity rescue kit
in the command line of trinity, type
winpass -U "username" and follow the steps.

doomgiver

Warframe
Try KONBOOTv1.1

+1 comes bundled with FalconFour bootCD.
download, burn, and boot.

select konboot option, then it'll do somthign and reboot, sending you to the same falconfour screen, this time, choose normal bootup. there will be the password field, but just click enter or the button, and it'll accept. and it wont ever nag for the pass again :)

i've used it to win a bet that my bro couldnt ever lock me out from his desktop. needless to say, i won :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i've used it to win a bet that my bro couldnt ever lock me out from his desktop. needless to say, i won
you are lucky your bro is not my friend :D

this method is based on resetting admin/user account info in SAM(session account manager)file.used it to reset xp admin password on some systems when i was incharge of the hostel computer room.then some junior CS students started doing same thing(i am not a CS engineer) & after some search found a way to beat this method.btw the looks on juniors' faces was priceless :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
nothing so secret:) anyway this method relies on editing a certain registry branch & SAM file & obviously it can be done in an offline mode only.to beat this method you simply have to make the contents of registry/SAM file unreadable in offline mode or in other words simply use software like true crypt to encrypt C drive.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes it should work.you can test it by encrypting c drive & then booting from a live linux cd/usb.the contents of c drive should not be in a readable/understandable format.however before doing all this make sure to prepare a system image(preferably of entire boot drive or at least C drive).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup but from what ever i know even boot drive encryption can be cracked though with TPM chip(comes with enterprise class mobo/systems) process is more time & resource consuming.however only agencies like NSA have the resources to go to such extents.for an average user bitlocker is enough.anyway encrypting entire drive is a hassle for a typical user & i recommend truecrypt to individually encrypt files which need security especially if it is your personal desktop system.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
TPM sucked me also. Its there in most Sony laptops, and Dell & HP's top varients AFAIK. My BIOS pass is stored in a TPM chip which can be altered only by a guy knowing EPROM level programming. :| There's something called "one time pass" to recover lost BIOS pass, but Sony knows nothing about it. :x

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
passwords stored in TPM chip can not be altered by simply knowing EPROM programming.sony & other manufacturers most probably built a backdoor to reset passwords.seems like you have to prove to sony first your proof of ownership & only then they will send you the password(probably based on the unique serial no. of each unit).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I read about the EPROM thing on some forum. A guy claimed to do so. When I asked Sony CC about it, they were like "what :?" :|

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
never trust any one who claim to be a hacker/cracker/what not on a public forum.the real guys(not script kiddies) are in online places where even law agencies like fbi have difficulty reaching.also never rely on CC for complex technical matters like these.use online support/forums/email of some high ranking person in the company.

doomgiver

Warframe
never trust any one who claim to be a hacker/cracker/what not on a public forum.the real guys(not script kiddies) are in online places where even law agencies like fbi have difficulty reaching.also never rely on CC for complex technical matters like these.use online support/forums/email of some high ranking person in the company.

this.
a real master wont just openly say that he is a pro, he knows that what he does might be seen as dangerous and illegal by some, so he lets his work speak for itself.

Top Bottom