Windows 7 and Windows 8 blue screen error ?

ADI8893

Broken In
i have shifted to windows 8 since last 1 week and i have noticed that when ever i use to surf net or listen songs the memory starts dumping with the blue screen error. then after few days i again shifted to windows 7 and again the same problem continues. oh yes i would like to mention one thing more that i have also changed my motherboard in this 1 week. (INTEL DG41RQ)
Is there something wrong with my motherboard ........ or something else :-( :-( :|

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
motherboard-INTEL DG41RQ
processor-Intel core 2 duo. 2.80 GHz E7400
HDD- 320 GB
RAM-3.00 GB
Graphic Card- 1.26 GB (ON BOARD)

IN CASE OF WINDOWS 7 - the display gets blackout with no response . to fix it i have to press restart button of the cpu.
IN CASE OF WINDOWS 8- the display blink once and a error msg shows with "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart.__________ and it get's hanged . :-( :-(

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Will you post a complete screenshot of your system using Speccy or CPU Z.?

What's the reason behind your new motherboard.?

root.king

geek in action
motherboard-INTEL DG41RQ
processor-Intel core 2 duo. 2.80 GHz E7400
HDD- 320 GB
RAM-3.00 GB
Graphic Card- 1.26 GB (ON Board

that's not 1.26 gb, that's a 125mb inbuilt video memory coz that's an g41chipset mobo

defragment the harddisk then report

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - after installing the new mobo did you install a fresh copy of windows ( format and install method ) and installed the Intel chipset drivers first before anything ? I suspect this is most probably a issue with the ram module or slot or they may not be properly mounted .. so use memtest86+ and make sure everything is Ok .. if needed check with only one stick of ram ( test it on both slot ) at a time.

BTW, it may be not necessary for such basic config but still what PSu do you have - make and model ?

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
#5 oh is'int that so............ :p :p :-o i don't think so dude.......... 1.26gb=125 mb....... :p :cool:

#7 so i got the solution but it's a temporary solution for me.......i have balanced the virtual memory and it's working fine , if i would add a another 2gb of RAM will it short out the problem?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get a 4GB ram module as G41 mobo supports 4GB per slot.

that's not 1.26 gb, that's a 125mb inbuilt video memory coz that's an g41chipset mobo

defragment the harddisk then report

on some G41 mobo you can share more than 1.5 GB as graphics memory for the IGP to use ;-) but sharing more than 384MB or 512 MB makes no sense for IGP.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
guess i have tried many ways to fix this problem but no result i have get yet..........i have installed 2 gb of ram(2+2=4 GB) I have also formatted the whole Hard Drive ..........and now at last is shows "Disk Read Error. Plz Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart". one more thing i have noticed that my CD/DVD drive is properly showing in My computer even in BIOS also but when ever i put the CD into drive and click on to the CD/DVD drive icon to explorer it , it show "plz insert the disk".No virus no malware etc have been found while scanning the hard drive . PLZ HELP ME OUT.............. :cry: :-( :cry:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.Use only one ram module and check it using memtest86+ [ bootable cd version ]
2. Check your HDD for error using HDD manufacturers disgnostic tool.
3. Try using different sata/power cable and port for HDD/ODD.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
1.Use only one ram module and check it using memtest86+ [ bootable cd version ]
2. Check your HDD for error using HDD manufacturers disgnostic tool.
3. Try using different sata/power cable and port for HDD/ODD.

i have tried with single RAM module , used disgnostic tool, and at last i have also tried different sata /power cable and port for HDD/ODD also............ :-(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I presume you have also checked HDD for bad sectors using manufacturers diagnostic tool .. if so then the only thing you need to test with is another PSU and do post the BSOD code here .. it helps a lot to troubleshoot an issue.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
yes, think i have found that what was the problem............according to my assessment i have found that the one of my RAM is not working .......... so i hope installing a fresh new RAM will short out my problem ..........

Top Bottom