Win7shell is a simple plugin for Winamp, that integrates it with the new taskbar of Windows 7. As you may know the taskbar offers lots of new features, which you can read about everywhere, including here. Why would you need this? The new taskbar features were designed to improve the convenience of the user, adding visible information and shortcuts where you need it, but Winamp doesn't take advantage of these. Until now.
The plugin's features, briefly:
* shows playback status and progress in the icon background of the taskbar icon
* uses taskbar icon to display a "VU meter"
* shows playback status using icon overlays on the taskbar icon
* customizes the aero peek thumbnail with:
o Winamp logo
o album art
o customized information about the current media playing
o custom image file
o progress bar, showing playback progress
* adds customizable player control buttons on the aero peek thumbnail
* adds 'Recent', 'Frequent' and 'Tasks' categories to the jump list
* Winamp is now easier to find in 3DFlip
win7shell - Project Hosting on Google Code