Win32 Services Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeno

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
An error window keeps poping up with this error "Generic Host Process for Win32 Serives", what could be wrong and how can I repair this.

Hardware : P4 HT, 512MB Ram, 160GB HDD.

Also ZoneAlarm detects files in C: corrupt and needs a Chkdsk which happens very often (almost every alternate day ).

Regards,
zeno.

OP
Z

zeno

I have tried the above and still unable to resolve it, the error "Generic Host Process for Win32 Serives" is still reported and sometimes the system just hangs up and I have to hit the reset button. All possible assistance appreciated.

asim13june

Broken In
If you installed security update 873333 (MS05-012), you may experience one or more of the following problems:• You may receive the following error message after you start the computer:
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error
Note This problem only occurs in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
• File names are not displayed in e-mail messages that include file attachments when the following conditions are true: • The file name contains double-byte character set (DBCS) characters.
• The file name is longer than 42 characters.
Note This problem only occurs when the e-mail message format is Rich Text.
• An application that implements the IMallocSpy debugging interface may experience heap corruption after you install security update 873333. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
894194 (*support.microsoft.com/kb/894194/) An application that implements the IMallocSpy debugging interface may experience heap corruption after you install security update 873333

Remedy : Install this Hotfix according to your ur OS
Windows Server 2003, Itanium-based Editions
[ *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...4070-A1B1-1D00FE7C1622&displaylang=en ]
Windows XP, 64-bit version (Itanium)
[ *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...-BEA8-3BDB92F3732B&displaylang=en ]

OP
Z

zeno

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, tried the software update and waited for sometime to see if it helps, Sorry to say it has just reduced the window size of games that originally opened in full screen, the error still keeps poping up now and then, Also the system hangs like mad these days have to hit the "RESET" button alot. Is there any other solution or have I installed the wrong patch. Help!

Regards,
Z.

This is what I installed "Windows XP, 32-bit versions
[ *www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en ]"

Last edited:

simzaggarwal

i have window xp2 when i am connect to the internet my pc shows a msg that "Generic Host Process for Win 32 services encountered a problem and needed to close" and then my internet and my network connection might be lost i have three pc which i am using network through hub and sharing internet connection after while a minute my internet will hang. i also using avg 7.5 my window is updated, i have also use hp 1210 printer installed and using microsoft security bt i have still problems plz help to get rid from this msg and continued my internet in at my all pc

I think you should try to repair your system using windows setup. Boot using your XP SP2 CD and press enter at the first prompt. Press F8 at Liscence Agreement. Then when windows shows the list of installed OSs, select your XP installation, and press R to start repair process.

Try clean boot - Start-Run-msconfig - GENERAL TAB- selective startup- uncheck load startup items, SERVICES TAB- check Hide all ms services - Disable all- Restart the computer, see if it comes up again if doesn't then there is some startup item or service which is causing a problem- try divide and rule with startup items and services, Try in safe mode, Try with new user account. If still it doesn't work instead of going for a repair install - try sfc /scannow! that will help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom