Will this game run on this configuration?

vishald

Broken In
Hi Guys

I have Asus RD vm motherboard with intel 2.66 dual core process and 1 gb transcend ram running Windows xp. Will Ati 4870 graphics card work with this board? Also let me know if I can play Crysis if I install this graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no mobo such as Asus RD VM ( is it R.D. special edition mobo ?? :p ).
Mention your mobos full model name correctly or give a web link.

If your mobo has pci-e x16 slot then you will be able to use cards like HD4870 though note that you will require a good psu like corsair VX450W @ Rs. 4K for that :p

vishald

Broken In
Yes the model number for my mother board is Asus P5RD2-VM
You can have a look at it at the below link
*in.asus.com/ProductGroup2.aspx?PG_ID=mKyCKlQ4oSEtSu5m

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ The link you posted above is not correct as it pointing to some where else with some core i7 and core i5 mobos :p

BTW, is this your mobo :

*www.superwarehouse.com/images/products/asus_P5RD2-VM.jpg

According to the specs ( found on some other sites ) your mobo has 1 PCI Express x16 slot - so you will be able to use HD4870 but your cpu may bottleneck the gfx card ( what cpu do you have - mention the model name - use cpu-z to get the info ) and you will need a powerful smps like corsair VX450W @ Rs. 4K for HD4870. So I would recommmend you to go with HD4670 or a 9600GT instead ( provided you had some good psu )

snehit

Broken In
I am thinking to order this configuration for HP laptop but probably graphics card is the average even Nvidia stated that this card is "performance". I want to play high end games. what I gonna do?

Espresso Black
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
• FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
• LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
• Webcam Only
• Intel Wireless-N Card
• HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• No Modem
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Please reply soon I need to make decision as earliest as possible

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nividia GeForce GT 230M is a DirectX 10.1 graphics adapter based on the GT216 core. It has 48 shader cores and based on 40nm fab process.

You will be able to modern games mid to low settings @ 1024*768 or 800*600 resolution with this lappy :p

snehit

Broken In
Nividia GeForce GT 230M is a DirectX 10.1 graphics adapter based on the GT216 core. It has 48 shader cores and based on 40nm fab process.

You will be able to modern games mid to low settings @ 1024*768 or 800*600 resolution with this lappy :p

what could be other option in terms of graphics card? Which one is higher in laptop market? Can I change new graphics card later on or use external graphics card?

snehit

Broken In

thnx buddy

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what could be other option in terms of graphics card? Which one is higher in laptop market? Can I change new graphics card later on or use external graphics card?

Alianware has some good gaming laptops based on GTX260M. Check dell india website site for pricing and availability. :p

Alianware has a laptop based on 2x GTX260M running in SLI and it's the best laptop for gaming IMO and the price is around Rs. 1.6 Lakh I think.

BTW, You will not be able to change the gfx card later on in case of laptops.

tus123

Broken In
i bought a lappy 6 months ago a play some games on it alll on max setting its up for sale at the bazaar area......can u plz tel me sum games which i cannot run;-)

asus w90vp-x2

for sale ppl!!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ OMG! That lappy has 2x ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870 X2 along with a quad core Q9000 - so any games will on it but all may not be in high res and high settings though :p

BTW, how much did you spend to get that lappy ?

tus123

Broken In
i got a gud deal on it....don wanna disclose real price as i'm puttin it up for sale on the forums.......:wink:

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

^^ OMG! That lappy has 2x ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870 X2 along with a quad core Q9000 - so any games will on it but all may not be in high res and high settings though :p

BTW, how much did you spend to get that lappy ?

dude it plays gta 4 all maxed out but only the texture quality is high not very high and thts cuz of the 512mb gpu memories.......codmw2 was a delight on all maxed out not a log, re5 all max, nfs ****....sorry shift gave problems gotta tune done a lil, but all these are at 1920x1080 cud play it maxed with lower res,, but i prefer full hd , no game has ever given probs......wel once cs source gave an error not enuf memory,,wel tht was hilarious

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try playing crysis warhead or crysis at hd resolution with all settings at maximum or very high :p

tus123

Broken In
played crysis long bac it can handle it most settings at very highand some high......and those were with old drivers, check videos on youtube asus w90 crysis and all......for sum reason my thread is not gettin approved by moderators in bazaar don noe y, damn i need to sell this i'm broke

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crysis will give around 12-15 fps on your rig @ 1920*1200 resolution with all settings at very high and with max level of AA and AF with dx10 and 12-15 fps is very little to play a fps game.

BTW, as you are a new member and your post count is not so high you are not able to create any thread in Bazar section ( read the rules ) :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/announcement.php?f=57&a=1

tus123

Broken In
well i got 1080 screen not 1200 and trust me i've played tht stuff lng bac on this baby its a gud 40+ frames.....check youtube vids......well i ai't playiin ultra hign anyways......its sum high sum very high settings

tus123

Broken In
btw one request if u cud help me sell it.....i wud appreciate......i'm shocked tht nobody is showin interest in buyin this laptop......man i thought this was the place to sell it...but damn

vishald

Broken In
Hi,

I am using 2.66GHZ Intel dual core processor with 1 gb ddr 2 ram. Mother board is Asus Rd2 Vm and yes you have given the correct link. Thanks
Pleases suggest what games I can play if I install ATI 4870 1 gb graphics card.

Thanks in Advance

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^Is ur CPU a Core 2 DUo?

Well, then upgrade to 2GB or 3GB RAM and grab a HD5670/HD5770 instead of a HD4870. Then u'll be able to play all games.

Top Bottom