Will this game run on this configuration?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey people,
will this conifguration support any high end games, if yes then suggest some games and if not suggest upgrades

PROCESSOR : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 ghz
RAM : 3 GB DDR2
GRAPICS CARD: ati radeon hd 2600 xt

also on what basis are graphics cards compared?

You should upgrade to a GT240 or HD4850. BTW, what's your budget for a gfx card upgrade ?

Thanks man!
First will try at default clock, if performance is not acceptable then I would overclock the CPU. hope I don't fry it in process:p

Do you have any 3rd party after market cpu cooler or using the stock one ?

It it's stock then you can safely OC it to 2.8Ghz but as It's winter you will be within safe limit upto 3 GHz. But anything above that requires more voltage so you should get a after market cpu cooler like CM hy[er TX3 or Hyper 212 like me :p

A Core2Duo 2.4 Ghz...

Thanks for informing :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mass Effect 2 System Requirements

PC MINIMUM System Requirements
OS = Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
Processor = 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory = 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Drive = 15 GB
DVD ROM = 1x Speed
Sound Card = DirectX 9.0c compatible
Direct X = DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
Input = Keyboard / Mouse
Video Card = 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

PC RECOMMENDED System Requirements
Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended
100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
DirectX August 2008

NOTES: For the best results, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and audio cards. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

clmlbx

Technomancer
ok here is my config:=

c2d E4300(1.8 ghz)

2 gb ram

on board graphics 256 mb vram (D946gzis)

so what can I play? list all games but mostly I am looking for some action game ...shooting games..

bippukt

In the zone
Here is my config (and please, I am not messing with anybody - I just want to know how well the games will run on my new system which I will buy today :) ):

Intel core i5 750
4 GB DD3 1333MHz RAM
GTS 250 512MB
Resolution = 1440X900

Will I be able to run Crysis@max settings? I certainly hope so :)

Now I just need to get my hands on some really good titles, like Dragon Age: Origins!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will be able to play most game at high settings with your screens native resolution.
Though Crysis may lag if you set it to ultra high :p

bippukt

In the zone
OMG still lag? WTH! :(

Anyway, not a big Crysis fan. I like strategy and RPG games the most. I can't wait to get that system...clock, please move faster! Then I have to go there, make final decision, get it assembled, come back home, install the OS, install the utilities and only then will I be able to play.

Will post here how my gaming goes :)

DigitCritic

Broken In
I have dell studio laptop with

processor = 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo
Ram = 4 GB 800 Mhz DDR2
Graphics = 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
OS = Windows Vista

what all games will I be able to play with normal if not high settings ?

Secondly where can I buy Crysis Maximum Edition in Delhi ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
most of the games will be playable on this lappy at 800-600 resolution with med to low settings.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
My PC's Configuration:-
Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 DUO E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
2 GB DDR RAM 2
Intel G31 Chipset
No Graphic Card

Will All Half Life 2 Games run on it and how nicely?

Last edited:

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
I just bought a Biostar TA790GXBE (onboard HD 3300) & an Athlon X2 245 (2.9 Ghz) with 1GB RAM. It runs the crysis demo at 1024 x 768 with low graphics. How can I measure the fps of the game? Will this run crysis at medium graphics if I increase the RAM to 3 GB with windows 7? Also my system recognizes only 768 MB RAM, where is the rest of the RAM?

bippukt

In the zone
I just bought a Biostar TA790GXBE (onboard HD 3300) & an Athlon X2 245 (2.9 Ghz) with 1GB RAM. It runs the crysis demo at 1024 x 768 with low graphics. How can I measure the fps of the game? Will this run crysis at medium graphics if I increase the RAM to 3 GB with windows 7? Also my system recognizes only 768 MB RAM, where is the rest of the RAM?

You can measure the FPS of games using the frogram called FRAPS. Google it, download it and run it. It is a must have for any gamer.

You can have 10GB of RAM and I don't think you would be able to run Crysis at medium settings. You need a good graphics card for that. Even I can't run that game at Ultra high settings and have to be satisfied with high. It is still gorgeous, though.

You were right about that topgear. My respect for you has significantly increased, and it was already substantial :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks buddy :p

BTW, he can have 16GB of ram max but crysis will be still unplaable at medium settings:p

Anyway, if he wants to gaming on windws 7 you should upgrade to 2x 2GB or atleast 3GB as most of the games will lag on win7 with only 1GB ram and yeah to enjoy crysis he should buy a gfx card like 9600GT or HD4670

@ Rajdeep Banik - you are using onboard gfx, right ?? Your bios is sharing 256MB ram for gfx from your system ram so you are seeing only 768MB of ram.

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
BTW, he can have 16GB of ram max but crysis will be still unplaable at medium settings:p

Anyway, if he wants to gaming on windws 7 you should upgrade to 2x 2GB or atleast 3GB as most of the games will lag on win7 with only 1GB ram and yeah to enjoy crysis he should buy a gfx card like 9600GT or HD4670

@ Rajdeep Banik - you are using onboard gfx, right ?? Your bios is sharing 256MB ram for gfx from your system ram so you are seeing only 768MB of ram.

Thanks for the advices. I measured the fps; it was just 15 fps at maximum & 11 at minimum, :oops: though I still enjoy playing it. Now, planning for a RAM upgrade only

bippukt

In the zone
Thanks for the advices. I measured the fps; it was just 15 fps at maximum & 11 at minimum, :oops: though I still enjoy playing it. Now, planning for a RAM upgrade only

15 FPS is too less - it might give you a headache, for one. Also, you will never be able to play as well as someone who has 60-100 FPS. You must have really good eyes - I am not happy with even 30FPS.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, 15 FPS is to much less. Wondering how he will manage the situation in Crysis when got into those levels where enimies and allens will be on all sides.!! :p

Rajdeep Banik

Broken In
Yup, 15 FPS is to much less. Wondering how he will manage the situation in Crysis when got into those levels where enimies and allens will be on all sides.!! :p
OK! OK!I got it :oops: I am out of money, so have to wait for at least 1 month for a graphics card, mean while I am playing Devil may cry 4 :p

karmanya

Journeyman
Can someone recommend a game for me ? p4 3.0 Ghz, 512 Ram, 7600GS. It can run Assasin's Creed, Though I'm not sure if you'd count waiting 30 minutes for a level load, more for the larger ones "running".
It ran Far Cry, Quake 3, Most Wanted and Carbon pretty easily with everything turned off- any interesting titles?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try FEAR, GTA San Andreas and Vice City, Infernal, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, The Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay, Clive Berker's Jericho, Quake 4

Top Bottom