WiFi throughout my home?

suyash24seven

Journeyman
hi, i have a problem whose solution i am looking for since a very long time. now i need a solution urgently, so please help :)

there are two rooms in my house, about 50 feet apart, and i need internet connectivity in both of them. currently my wifi modem is in one of the rooms, and i intermittently get connectivity in the other room but it's unreliable and slow. i know the most obvious solution is to keep the modem somewhere mid-way between the 2 rooms, but the problem is that one room is my dad's office and the other is my room, and we both need high speed connectivity. i don't have much knowledge about repeaters, access points, etc., so please help.

my internet is BSNL DataOne broadband, 2mbps. modem is the one i got from BSNL (Nokia Siemens SL2_141).

also, i have another wifi modem Digisol Broadband Ethernet Router DG-BG4011N. can it be of any use in this process, thereby saving me some money?

there is an electrician in my staff, who doesn't know much about internet connectivity but can work with wires and stuff.

thanks a lot, in advance, for the guidance :)

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
yes your Digisol Broadband Ethernet Router DG-BG4011N can serve your purpose..
cant say about the performance..
you need to try that..

OP
S

suyash24seven

Journeyman
Thanks, but I'm afraid I need a detailed step by step description of what I'm supposed to do. I'm a noob when it comes to networking! :(

Top Bottom