Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.anurag93

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Recently a strange thing has been happening to my computer.it started when one day while surfing the net my browser(mozilla firefox) suddenly closed and i got the error that mozilla had crashed.but the frequency kept increasing.Then my other browsers(Safari & I.E.)both also closed all of a sudden and asked me to send error report.thn I also started getting similiar error from windows explorer.the error was : "explorer.exe has encountred an error and needs to close.we're sorry for the inconvineance.".I took the following measures :

1)Scanned My PC With Norton Internet Security 2009 And Got No Results.
2)Scanned With BitDefender And Got No Results.
3)Scanned With Malwarebytes Antimalware And Got No Results.
4)Scanned With Spyware Terminator And Got No Results.
5)I Daily Perform A Scan With Registry Easy.

But even after all this i still experienced the same reult.so ultimately i decided to format my pc.Currently i have formatted it 3 times and installed windows xp professional sp3 and now after using it for 2 days again i have the same problem.i'm quite sure its not a virus as it appeared even after format.my system information is:

1)OS - Windows XP Professional SP3
2)80 GB Hard Disk
3)1.5 GB RAM
4)Intel Pentium 4 Processor

plz help me :cry:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Could be a number of things. First suspect would be the memory. Second the PSU. There are other possibilities, but those two come first.

First of all, test your memory with memtest86.

You seem to have more than one RAM stick installed. If memtest shows a defective RAM, remove them except one and run memtest86 again. Try this with each RAM stick in turn.

If memtest does not show any defect after this, it may simply be that the RAMs were not making proper contact in the slots and have become OK when you removed and reinserted them.

Remove your RAM sticks, wipe the contacts clean with a cloth (preferably cotton), then put them in again firmly.

Let us know the result after you try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom