Wi-Fi Connectio through PC

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
My Detailed PC Config & Smart Phone Details are in My signature.

I don't need a Full time Wi-Fi Router as for only one phone its not worth the cost + I use PC for online gaming which will be problematic through Wi-Fi.

So is it possible to add a card or Dongle to PC and create a Temporary Wi-Fi Environment so that I can use it to Install Apps on my Smart Phone?

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, does that mean, you have a broadabnd connection and you wanna make it WiFi for mobile use?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I use PC for online gaming which will be problematic through Wi-Fi.

Not really.

So is it possible to add a card or Dongle to PC ?

Alternative to install router and will cost same.

1) Get a router and connect your phone via wifi and PC via LAN.

2) If you get a wifi adapter/dongle, you will have to connect phone through connectify.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I have a Always ON Internet Connection which does not require any ID/PWD.

Any cheap WiFi router suggestion?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My Detailed PC Config & Smart Phone Details are in My signature.

I don't need a Full time Wi-Fi Router as for only one phone its not worth the cost + I use PC for online gaming which will be problematic through Wi-Fi.

So is it possible to add a card or Dongle to PC and create a Temporary Wi-Fi Environment so that I can use it to Install Apps on my Smart Phone?

Install this >> Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
But my PC doesn't have a Built in Wi-Fi. Tell me what to add?
Oh! In that case, a basic WiFi Router should suffice your needs.
There are many good options for as low as 1k, since even a basic WiFi Adapter costs somewhere around 600 bucks, going for a router seems to a better option for your requirement.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Simply get any ASUS or NETGEAR wifi router for Rs 1400-1500. It's a one time investment and you won't regret it :)

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router | Router | Flipkart.com

Will This do? and my connection doesn't require any ID/PWD so I hope it doesnt create any prob.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Will This do? and my connection doesn't require any ID/PWD so I hope it doesnt create any prob.
Yes, that should do. Even if your ISP needs ID/PWD, that is not an issue as you can configure router to dial using the login credentials.
Check your PM.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
But my PC doesn't have a Built in Wi-Fi. Tell me what to add?

Not really.

Alternative to install router and will cost same.

1) Get a router and connect your phone via wifi and PC via LAN.

2) If you get a wifi adapter/dongle, you will have to connect phone through connectify.

Too hard to read ?

Will This do?

Any router will do.

and my connection doesn't require any ID/PWD so I hope it doesnt create any prob.

Obviously not.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Using connectify will require an USB adapter. So, getting a Wifi ROuter is a better option.
Check these:
TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N vs Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router vs Asus RT-N10E vs TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless N: Compare Routers: Flipkart.com
TP-Link 150Mbps costs 1k and 300Mbps costs 1.57k locally.
Asus 150Mbps costs 1.2k.
The netgear one costs around 1.5k and IMO is not a good option coz it comes with only 2yrs warranty where as Asus and TP-Link have 3yrs.
So, get either Asus 150Mbps or the TP-Link 300Mbps.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the Help.

For Now considering the cost and my Usage I enabled the 3G plan on my Cell and will Purchase the Router later.

Top Bottom