Why this 'kolaveri di' crossing the international chart buster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
This come to me utter surprise! My boy who always love bollywood, and fan of Lady Gaga, is crooning something,even while sleeping,.. so I decided that he
has fallen to illness called 'love'. But he vehemently denied this, than show this Youtube video, Where "Dhanush', RajiniKanth son-in- law, who is also a actor himself, crone a song for the forthcoming picture '3' .
The video, which was released on November 16 by Sony Music, already has 3 million hits and counting. The song has (despite its critics claiming to be a 'flop song') already gone Mass hysteria on YouTube and social networking sites, becoming one of the top trending topics on Twitter.

Even 'Big B' has already congratulated him. Some you tube video has the Japanese fans also dancing for this tune...

There is another estimate that this song grossed 4 millions but if you go search in youtube search panel for the song why this kolaveri..you will find the exact hits there.You tube has freezed the hits no at 2,783,922 .They will release it in phased manner.
[YOUTUBE]YR12Z8f1Dh8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
*1.bp.blogspot.com/-b-5W79QsQWs/Ts3IxlYfJFI/AAAAAAAA6oc/TMfVSzYhqiw/s800/Cola_Kolaveri_Spoof.jpg

*3.bp.blogspot.com/-qAcpPzmz0A8/Ts3IxQw23QI/AAAAAAAA6oU/W0qLl8jWBMs/s800/Kill_Bill_Kolaveri.jpg

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-EhIJlDCezWM/Ts3IxvX60xI/AAAAAAAA6oo/bJ_VPvhGnPY/s400/Kolaveri-Dark-Knight.jpg

*i43.tinypic.com/12663w7.jpg

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Before this recording, Dhanush, himself wrote some English words whatever come in to mind, then mix it with .'kolaveri di' words, he has a combination of 'Tanglish'(Mixing Tamil with English)..except 'kolaveri di' all other words are english words misspelled by typical 'Tamil medium ' Students admitted in to 'colleges in Tamil Nadu. So It is first hit among themselves.
This typical Tamil students are mostly from rural areas where they studied in panchayats schools.

when they come to 'metro' to pursue the higher study. utter shock awaited them, to mingling with students who are fluent in english, they felt inferiority complex.. so they attempt whatever imagination come to them.. one of the by products is 'Tanglish'

Chennai colleges are full of them.. The girls who befriend them are for sympathy , but the boys mistook for love, and live in some dream world, when the semester ended, and the goodbye time come, they felt rage in their minds, so 'kolaveri' is the by- products.. the side walls of metro trains are full of such poems...
Dhanush' simply mirrored them.. But I am not understanding why Americans as well as Canadians and Japanese are crooning the songs as well Google statistics give, even in china, Dhanush has fans watching the Video..that is incredible..

vaithy

Last edited:

reniarahim1

Youngling
wats the big deal abt this song? i am not gonna listen it...its overhype and creating publicity for the movie i guess.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Before this recording, Dhanush, himself wrote some English words whatever come in to mind, then mix it with .'kolaveri di' words, he has a combination of 'Tanglish'(Mixing Tamil with English)..except 'kolaveri di' all other words are english words misspelled by typical 'Tamil medium ' Students admitted in to 'colleges in Tamil Nadu. So It is first hit among themselves.
This typical Tamil students are mostly from rural areas where they studied in panchayats schools.

when they come to 'metro' to pursue the higher study. utter shock awaited them, to mingling with students who are fluent in english, they felt inferiority complex.. so they attempt whatever imagination come to them.. one of the by products is 'Tanglish'

Chennai colleges are full of them.. The girls who befriend them are for sympathy , but the boys mistook for love, and live in some dream world, when the semester ended, and the goodbye time come, they felt rage in their minds, so 'kolaveri' is the by- products.. the side walls of metro trains are full of such poems...
Dhanush' simply mirrored them.. But I am not understanding why Americans as well as Canadians and Japanese are crooning the songs as well Google statistics give, even in china, Dhanush has fans watching the Video..that is incredible..

vaithy

I am marathi guy..i dont understand even a single Tamil word. The reason i liked this song is the way words are pronounced , it feels good and funny to my ears..same goes in "why people in US UK loves Daler Mehndi's Tunak Tunak tun song"

I hope now you understood why its a HIT :)

However, most of my tamil friends did not liked this song :)

Krow

Crowman
I speak quite a few languages. The English part of my brain likes it as much as the Hindi part. :mrgreen:

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Hi Krow,
thanks for embedding the video
For thus who don't like Dhanush 's song, he himself told, media , that he is not a great singer,
One noted singer said this, 'his voice is broken, but here the situation exactly demanded the same, so the combination of 'broken voice with broken heart, rendering the beat in slow, and the meaning of main title word,' why this muderous rage?'--
It reflect, every dejected lover in the street,.even without knowing full meaning, they attract to this song.. So this song doesnot belong to Tamil neither it is Indian.. it is universal...whether it is American, Espano or Mexican or Japanese. they understand it,

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Considering he is now son-in-law of The Rajinikanth, this was bound to happen. Don't you people get it? :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
vaithy came close, cant even begin to explain the brilliance of this song and video lol, uh, its not because he is Rajnikanth's son or whatever nobody cares or knows lol, or hype or something, stuff that goes viral liek this or that nobody can cross it thing... it happens because the time for that idea has come, and such outrageous fame is inevitable then, it will just keep growing for a short time... this is so addictive watched it like 20 times back to back, cudnt stop... "god Im dying now, she is happy howwu" lol hmm has a whole ton of other funny things including like 10 different styles of the infamous indian head bob

also too many people are obsessed with how perfect the instrumentation, the voice and the technicalities of the song is, this video is proof that some music can just focus more on the song writing and composition aspect, and still outshine technically brilliant music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom