WHY SHOULDN`T WE BUY PIRATED GAMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardemarco

Broken In
I think you are missing the point

Microsoft is not crazy to price their software as high as the angels' shoulders and worry about the asian subcontinent because of a few million people who crack the original versions to pirated ones and sell them for less than a couple of dimes. But in the business point of view, if you sell an item legally for a $1000 and a fraudster sells a 100 copies of $3 each, the market might get a good grab of the things they need but never have the satisfaction of posessing a legal copy. Additionally, they would never get any support (for example a fix for a new bug with windows can never be installed if the actual copy is pirated). This just elates to the so called Asian Subcontinent.
As for the rest of the economically serious and conscious world, the law will ensure than no such activity takes place. Even if they do, they are dealt with appropriately. Not just in words or for the book, but in DEED.

andi1984

Broken In
speedyguy said:
Very informative discussion....but I am afraid all that I could have said have already been said. So I have nothing else to say except that there is a game called 'PIRATES!', and I like it.

P.S. : Am I being childish ??!!!!

dun bother puja......game must not be abt piracy :D

So i suggest game distributers to keep the prices so low from 1st only and reduce there profit margin so that they can sell more nos of OG's and thus reduce piracy......
WHAT U ALL SAY?

agreed wit u wizrulz

How your peace of mind will loose.Will police came to our home searching for pirated gmaes and arrest this will not happen in INDIA for atleast the next 5 years sure

ru sure abt that.....i doubt twud happen even 10 yrs from now....cmon man....this is INDIA...a place to live in and play pirated games... :D

well my parents r totally against piracy n never allow me to buy so....still i manage to get some copies frm frnds....coz i cant make my parents spend 4-5k for just matter of 3-4 games (og)...this is how it goes...even i'll never look @ copies if games come as cheap as within 400-500 rs.

cheers

well bhai log! this is INDIA and that is not going to happen here for ATLEAST another 30 years! police have got tooooo many other more important things to do rather than reducing piracy of games made in US!leave alone US, even if they r made in india,police cannot reduce piracy!police cant catch an old fashioned thief who breaks into ppls house even now, leave alone this hi-fi piracy thing!
as for reducing piracy, there is only one way.........reduce the price of games and software to rs.30 and see how the devil of piracy dissapears!i dont think if games or sw r priced at rs. 200 or 500 r going to reduce piracy!it will only stop when u get at that level-i.e. rs.30!

paul_007

Padawan
take a simple example of urself , whenever u do some good work , u expect a reward (whether in home frm parents or frm boss in office) ,similarly game developers also need rewards for their hard work.therefore we shouldnt buy pirated games

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
the high price tag leads to piracy. it can be taken by an example. many of us see movies on vcds which r just recorded on cameras. we cant see every movie in cinemas(will be on streets then). original prints used to come afer 6 months or so(till a year back. even now for some pics). although those prints available were just too bad but still there were viewed by many. now quite a lot of production houses release originals after a month. this has led to many people buying originals(atleat those cd shops r buying if not ppl). same is the case here. most of us will pay a little extra for the original stuff but not when cost is 10-15 times the pirated stuff. then economics prevail.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
How your peace of mind will loose.Will police came to our home searching for pirated gmaes and arrest this will not happen in INDIA for atleast the next 5 years sure

Are you Serious or just joking.....People in police watch pirated movi themselves

godzi_85

In the zone
we shouldnt buy pirated stuff cause now we can download em all :p lol

seriously ya we shouldnt .. but the fact is that most software companies make software at prices that result in them being highly priced!!
so the cost of production itself is high..
maybe a few companies like EA and microsoft can reduce the cost cause when they do the volumes will increase and thus(hopefully their profits wil be covered)
ya true most games available here are cheaper then what is avaiable say in UK and US..
but the majority of the populace doesnt percieve software piracy as a crime.. i think that si what needs to be changed.. (i`m not saying that they need to do i t now. maybe after 10 years or so :p ;) )
the government should give a clear cut msg to software companies that they should price thier products according to the per capita income of the people(hioopefully this might reduce the prices!!)

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
godzi_85 said:
we shouldnt buy pirated stuff cause now we can download em all :p lol

seriously ya we shouldnt .. but the fact is that most software companies make software at prices that result in them being highly priced!!
so the cost of production itself is high..
maybe a few companies like EA and microsoft can reduce the cost cause when they do the volumes will increase and thus(hopefully their profits wil be covered)
ya true most games available here are cheaper then what is avaiable say in UK and US..
but the majority of the populace doesnt percieve software piracy as a crime.. i think that si what needs to be changed.. (i`m not saying that they need to do i t now. maybe after 10 years or so :p ;) )
the government should give a clear cut msg to software companies that they should price thier products according to the per capita income of the people(hioopefully this might reduce the prices!!)

fully agree with you. unless companies keep the capacity of consumers in mind till then piracy will exist. it is very simple. we cant live without games( or softwares) and we cant buy them with such price tag. so only way is to reduce the price tag. well dont involve government it will lead to more corruption nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom