Why not in India?

RChandan

Broken In
Ignore the trains. I'm talking about the stations' design and the cleanliness. Can you list 5 reasons why such railway stations aren't in India yet? What could be the problems faced in building such elegant structures? And more importantly, in MAINTAINING them in their inception stages?

The stations in S. Korea (KTX lines) I've used are equally impressive. Will we ever have such stations all over the country?

*home.wangjianshuo.com/archives/2003/11/05/shanghai.maglev-head-in.station.jpg

*4rail.net/4rmedia/4rail_pics_2008/maglev_shanghai_m.jpg

*www.stay.com/images/venue/450/1/b920f0d8/shanghai-maglev.jpg

*www.chinaodysseytours.com/cotmanager/assets/images/news-images/shanghai-expo/shanghai-maglev-train.jpg

*img69.imageshack.us/img69/5906/shanghaimaglevtrainlong.jpg

*www.railway-technology.com/projects/shanghai-maglev/images/2-shaghai-maglev.jpg

Shanghai - Metro Bits - mic-ro.co(s)m

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
India = khudayi khudayi khudayi

aur fir fir udti huyi maati ki lau.

Another point is, the Indian mentality. I know people from good and well-to-do families who want to move abroad. They'll spit on roads and throw away chocolate-toffee-wrappers on the road. One did that right in front of me. He wouldn't have dared to do that if he was standing in some other country.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must say that the Delhi Metro stations are very very well maintained if talking about desi standards. :p

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Delhi Metro is also pretty cheap. Are Indians willing to pay in order to maintain such standards? Say will you be willing to pay Rs.50 for a 5-6km public transport?

amitava82

MMO Addict
Delhi Metro is also pretty cheap. Are Indians willing to pay in order to maintain such standards? Say will you be willing to pay Rs.50 for a 5-6km public transport?
So, we gotta pay Rs. 50 to people for not spitting or throw garbage wherever they want to?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
If we were under Hitler or British you could have seen this in India but then you would have lost your freedom!

Piyush

Lanaya
govt doesnt care to spend that much amount of money
govt hence chooses value for money products too :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
CRAP and CORRUPTED Indian Government is the reason guys, you know it, just say it.

We will never have any good things done here unless this corrupted Govt falls, that's clear as water. We are one of the very few countries like this.

PS- Forgot to say, one more reason is some Crap people of India who are so illiterate that they don't even know how to keep a country clean.

coolgame

Journeyman
it is the indian mentality.mere ek ke thukne se kuch jyada ganda nahi hoga.kya farak padta hai? and why blame the government?who are they?one of us.who elect them?we.who dont follow rules?we.who spit?we.who dont clean it?we.aalsi kaun?janta. aur aakhir me aalsi janta ki banaayi gayi aalsi sarkaar.because we are the sarkaar.it is always some area's most notorious "dada" as its representative.and who elects him?.......
first ask yourself before asking others,why not in India?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
^^kudos coolgame :)

Illiteracy is a major problem here. People are not aware what is the standard way of living. But then they have other priorities in life such as to feed themselves.

I agree that some well to do and educated people also damage national beauty, but again all the negative comments above aren't helping either. I just wish all those who always complain about India can be legally migrated/settled to any country of their choice.

coolgame

Journeyman
look at our population.Mumbai has more population than the whole of Australia.it is a hell lot more difficult to control people.moreover,religion discrimination,caste,narrow mindedness prevail in India.give it time.In Mumbai the skywalk construction has been given a big push by the government.yet at many places,hawkers who have been selling their goods by encroaching on the roads on which the skywalks are to be built,refuse to relocate and keep comming back because for them, their hungry children matter more than development of the city and it is fair enough.we are living in an overcrowded country.we should be atleast be patient enough because we are not the US/Australia who have large landscape at the disposal of a few.

OP
R

RChandan

Broken In
China has a population problem too. It has low and middle classes just like us, and not everyone is a white collar worker there. So what makes them tick so well when it comes to things like these - civilian technologies and engineering, manufacturing?

Piyush

Lanaya
communism FTW

really
communism is the only solution if WE the people dont understand the importance of our rights and duties

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Its true that people don't understand the importance of the things they have. Democracy is one of them. People will understand the importance of democracy once they will have to live with communism. :|

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
They can't do this without increasing the charges. And many People in India cannot afford higher charges. Of course, we love to see stations/trains like that. But, we will hit the roads again protesting the second after they increase the prices. Most of the People are happy with lower prices than prettier stations and trains.

And of course,we cannot completely blame the government. How many of us feel responsible keeping the station clean! We might not have stations like that, but if we follow some decency we will have much much cleaner stations than what we have now. And what I strongly feel is, first we don't need stations and trains like that.. We need is stations where there is no poop on station's track itself.

Right now, we can get off, with less than 1$ for 100kms in Indian trains. Compare that 1$ price to other countries. It will be easily 10-20 times higher.

P.S: No offense to any one.

Top Bottom