Why my Hard Drives are carshing ???

satyamfifa

Right off the assembly line
I bought two Seagate Hard drives 500gb, 7200.12 last year, after only two months one one them failed, I got it replaced and after two more months the other one failed too, so i replaced that one also. Now after 7 months the first replaced hard is about to fail and is giving S.M.A.R.T. error.System is 890GXM, 965BE, 4GB ram. PSU is Zerbronics 450W I changed the PSU after the first two hard drives crashed, Can anyone tell me the reason why my hard drives are failing

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Judging from my experience with many other people's computers as well as my own, I'm strongly inclined to believe that many, maybe most, hard disk crashes and failures in recent years are caused by the cable, particularly SATA.

It's hard to be sure which cable is more often the culprit - data or power supply, but I think it's the power supply cable that causes the most problems, especially 4-to-15-pin adapters.

Does your SATA power connector come directly from the PSU or are you using an adapter?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Check hard disc for bad sectors
1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER. 3. Use one of the following procedures: To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, at
the command prompt, type chkdsk, and then press ENTER. To repair errors without scanning the
volume for bad sectors, at the
command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/f, and then press ENTER.
How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

and have a look at this for some error fixing ways:
Hard Drive Error Repair Tools Compared & Review,Download

OP
S

satyamfifa

Right off the assembly line
yes adapters is also a issue here. before i was usimg adapter but sometimes power use to fail which used to get solved by unpluging and pluging or by exchanging or replacing adapters between drives. therefore the new psu i bought had direct sata power cables. but after few months same problem arived again.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
I also faced the same prob earlier switch to a Good SMPS from FSP/Corsair CX ur problem will be solved

BTW his Title can be put in LOL thread

Top Bottom