Why Is Sony Doing This To India??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do sound like a Fanboy. :p And what has this stuff got to do with the topic?

LG's picture quality is indeed better than Bravia for the SAME PRICE RANGE and heck Sony's price being higher.

How does that make it better? :?:
Internet Explorer dominates the browser market too :lol:

So is LG ;) LG and Samsung are good choices. :)

I think u r LG Fanboy.........

By the way You are true that LG is better where price matters......... only one factor

Best LCD TVs of 2009

*www.techradar.com/news/televi...of-2009-634282
*tv.toptenreviews.com/flat-panel/lcd/
*reviews.cnet.com/best-lcd-tvs/
*gadgetophilia.com/top-10-lcd-tvs/
*www.consumersearch.com/lcd-tv/best-lcd-tvs

Go to these websites & see what people & expert says and where your LG Stands.

Thats all

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
And many might think that I'm only supporting LG over here. I've repeatedly said that be your own judge regarding Picture Quality. @OP: It's your TV, your money.

I am in NO way an LG fanboy. In my first post, I've easily said LG and Samsung are the best. Better Contrast ratios, response time, USB + DivX feature and Bluetooth. ;)

Regarding Samsung, I had a nice view at all their LCD TVs, but LG was more appealing to my eyes. (opinion) Sony was way too overpriced for me to be liked and it wasn't even great. (fact)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124264 --- quoting form this link which also shares a similar experience to mine.
LG 47LH70 YR LCD

*i48.tinypic.com/f1fig8.jpg

Next comes the Display, initially I had planned the get a 42” LCD infact up till the last moment I was opting for 42” but given the price I got this one for was tempting enough to go for 47”. First of all I am not mesmerized by these so called LED LCD, especially Samsung have advertize LED like a revolution of some sort in LCD TVs, where as in reality there is not much of a difference. The showroom people might configure their displays to show one LCD giving a better PQ than the other, but if you play your own BR, resetting all the settings of the LCD, you would not see much of a PQ difference, infact LCD came out to be a winner in terms of Blacks.

For me contenders were ofcourse Samsung and LG, SONY I would say have seriously over priced their products. As I said earlier the showroom display should never be treated as your deciding factor. If I had done that I might have landed buying a Samsung. But finally went for 47LH70YR
What I did was I took my own BRp and disk and connected it to a Samsung 47” and two of LGs 47”, re-set all the display setting to one neutral figure. Turned off all enhancement modes available for all the models and reviewed. The BR I played was my “Night in the Museum 2”. Now believe it or not after doing this all 3 LCDs more or less were same in PQ, If I had to differentiate LG had better vibrant colours, and Samsung was better in displaying blacks. Sharpness was also better in LG, but the Glossy shine of the picture was in Samsung. Then what made me decide for LG….?? that is when I started fiddling with the PQ controls and started customizing the picture, that is where LG out performed by a fair margin, few adjustments with the picture controls and I was surprised how good LG PQ was looking over Samsung, unfortunately I could never configure Samsung controls to get the same PQ as LG. The blacks that were looking good on Samsung on neutral setting were overshadow and easily lacking by the richness of LG blacks by adjusting the Blacklevel, gamma, contrast and dynamic contrast. And trust me when it comes to customizing controls, LG has provided enough to adjust PQ per your needs. A clear winner.
An example is ….
I am very particular in doing all the TV adjustments manually, and I was kinda skeptical as to how the TV would integrate with the inputs provided by my AVR. This is how I have configured my picture modes.

1. Expert 1: BlueRay player
2. Expert 2: AC Ryan PlayONHD
3. Game: HTPC
4. User: TataSky+ STB

Each mode is configured differently, and no settings are lost at any point, even if as I said I pull out the plug. Infact when I change the mode through my AVR say for example from BR to HTPC my TV automatically changes its picture mode from Expert 1 to Game (and I was surprised on the initially) , I practically have to do nothing. If you ask me I am very satisfied how LG has worked on this

Another clrear advantage with LG is the IPS pannel, IPS is anyway better then TN LCD, not only does it gives better contrast, the viewing angle improves drastically.

Coming to the Menu, which is made very simple and self explainatory.....

few snaps of how the menu looks...

*i49.tinypic.com/wasls5.jpg

*i49.tinypic.com/nfn192.jpg

Apart from this, LG had the following noticeable features

1. USB Input with DivX/XviD/Mpeg 1/2 playback support along with MP3/WMA music files and Images (Jpg)
2. Bluetooth to connect you phone and view the pictures/ play music directly off the phone. Also can connect a Bluetooth headphone to have those night movies. Apart from this has a 1,000,00 : 1 contrast ratio, 2.4 ms GTG response time and 3 HDMI inputs.

I also have connected my HTPC, through HDMI cable, I have a Radion HD5850 and believe me gamers I swear to Quake series, gaming at 1980x1080 on 47” display looks fu*kin AMAZING, The PQ is Razor sharp not even the BR comes close to the PQ through HTPC on HD5850. The LCD again should also be made commendable for this, but as I said make sure you configure the LCD settings, for example the sharpness bar is almost notched to full while I am surfing on 47” or playing games, but believe me, I am playing NFS-Shift and COD4:Mordern Warfare 2 and I am simple LOVING it.

Special Note on True Motion: True Motion @ 100 Htz or 200Htz is a technology, that displays 100/200 images per second as compared to 50Hz for a normal TV. Now I don’t know if I am being picky here but True Motion on an LCD for Movies looks absolutely pathetic, yes it does makes the picture smooth, but when you are actually watching a movie, it make it look more like a documentary rather than a feature film. Surprisingly this is only on LCDs, I also have a Philips 720p CRT with 100 Hz Motion, but it does not show any such deformity. I was very disappointed with this tech BUT as people say, sometimes things happen for good as well…..fortunately there was an option to turn that off plus while playing games, true motion does wonders to the gameplay, I was like WTH, finally something good about this godawfull technology. Keeping the TM to full makes the gameplay amazingly smooth and that is what is required, while playing games.
Also point to note is that not all LG LCDs have the option to turn this thing off, so make sure you do your complete research before buying the LCD.

PRICE: 73K nothing extra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom