Why I am leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@infra_red_dude
I will agree that some people are after admins and mods which is not right but they are actually frustrated. :| Whenever anyone thinks of opening the Tutorial, QnA & Troubleshooting forums so that he can help others, he is always 'waiting for reply.' So, how can he help other people?
Maybe its just me, apart from the 'widely known issues' (The quick reply error, the visitor's message error), I face no issues with the forum. But then I'm not that frequent hence it makes sense to me. Thus you guys are the right people to highlight this issue which I agree must not be the case with a well-respected forum like TDF.

I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean by 'waiting for reply'.

well when i try to quote some post i get this error.

As long as its just not a quote of the above post and contains at least one character you wont get that error.
Rightly explained by FilledVoid.

I've never gotten this error. Learn the proper use and then criticize.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean by 'waiting for reply'.
Pages take ages to load.

Sometimes this continues for a very long time, and I've to call my forum friends and verify from them whether are they also facing the same problem and they too face it.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Pages take ages to load.

Sometimes this continues for a very long time, and I've to call my forum friends and verify from them whether are they also facing the same problem and they too face it.
Yes, thats why I said that people like you who frequent the forum are the right people to highlight these issues.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Infra: It's been highlighted time & again. But it's very odd that no one seems to give a rat's ass anymore. I have been here for quite a long time & have never experienced these issues when it was phpBB layout. Infra I supposed you know those days better. It used to be a simplistic look & had next to zero issues. There were rarely any load times for this forum. I could refresh in & out within seconds. That too with an internet speed of 128KBps. Now I have a 2Mbps line & that's still not enough to load/refresh this site? Is that how it's supposed to work out? Try heading into the "Must watch movies recommended by ThinkDigitians" thread. It takes forever to get into the thread, replying to anything is another nightmare.

To be honest, I don't want this stylish Vbulletin look or anything like that. I would rather prefer the old & well sort out phpBB look any day. If admins atleast responded in someway to any of these threads, then there would be a 2 way communication. Else it would just be us highlighting & echoing it back to ourselves. Don't mean to compare but take TechEncalve forum as an example. It's perhaps the most well managed & proper Indian Tech forum that I have seen. Every mod & every freakin' admin seems to have equal amount of interest in the smooth functioning of the forum. They have special sections dedicated to improvement/feedback of the forum.

A request to the Admins, please respond to the ongoing issues, else god forbid, it may meet the same fate as Skoar once did, A spam infested dungeon.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Infra: It's been highlighted time & again. But it's very odd that no one seems to give a rat's ass anymore. I have been here for quite a long time & have never experienced these issues when it was phpBB layout. Infra I supposed you know those days better. It used to be a simplistic look & had next to zero issues. There were rarely any load times for this forum. I could refresh in & out within seconds. That too with an internet speed of 128KBps. Now I have a 2Mbps line & that's still not enough to load/refresh this site? Is that how it's supposed to work out? Try heading into the "Must watch movies recommended by ThinkDigitians" thread. It takes forever to get into the thread, replying to anything is another nightmare.

To be honest, I don't want this stylish Vbulletin look or anything like that. I would rather prefer the old & well sort out phpBB look any day. If admins atleast responded in someway to any of these threads, then there would be a 2 way communication. Else it would just be us highlighting & echoing it back to ourselves. Don't mean to compare but take TechEncalve forum as an example. It's perhaps the most well managed & proper Indian Tech forum that I have seen. Every mod & every freakin' admin seems to have equal amount of interest in the smooth functioning of the forum. They have special sections dedicated to improvement/feedback of the forum.

A request to the Admins, please respond to the ongoing issues, else god forbid, it may meet the same fate as Skoar once did, A spam infested dungeon.
I've never ever said that the Technical issues be ignored. All I am saying is that I don't face these issues hence my comments don't count which makes you, forum regulars, the right people to highlight these issues. I am pointing out the degraded quality of posts and the fact that its wrong to point fingers at mods/admins for everything (not in the case of technical issues tho! Coz its only the admins who can handle it).

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
If anyone (especially mods) has the admins phone number then you can try calling him up saying that its an 'emergency situation'.

Anyway, I personally don't have any hopes with this forum but I can't believe this either, 6 admins and no one does anything about any of the forum issues.

Seriously lame!!

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I guess admins are reading this (if at all) with a pinch of salt!

None of us are paying for this service. We don't own what we don't pay. Maintaining a forum costs real money. If we are so much concerned about this forum let us dig out some contact details (at the digit) and meet those guys. Ranting, cat fighting, quoting each other, WTFing, WTHing, LOLing, ROFLing, OMGFLing, XYZing at each other will not help. Last thread on almost the same topic went way off the mark (and had to be finally locked). The second thread on "suggestions" is bulging like Bappi Lahiri's waist (without any action).

If someone wants to rant they are free to do so (thats what these forums are all about). If someone wants to leave they are free to do so. As long as the forum is live people will keep on coming.There will still be people to help out in "Open Source". There will still be people to recommend a mobile. There will still be people to review the gadgets. There will still be people to post random news.

If you guys don't believe me visit this forum again after 6 months.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I've never ever said that the Technical issues be ignored. All I am saying is that I don't face these issues hence my comments don't count which makes you, forum regulars, the right people to highlight these issues. I am pointing out the degraded quality of posts and the fact that its wrong to point fingers at mods/admins for everything (not in the case of technical issues tho! Coz its only the admins who can handle it).
I understand what you're trying to convey but, you need to realise is that the technical issue need to be sorted out first. I have never blamed any admin or mod. I am well aware that mods don't play a role in fixing up the forums technical loopholes. They can surely clean up other mess like the spam & unwanted threads. That is well taken care off till some extent. But the major concern still stands with technical aspect taking centre stage here. Unless they are addressed, the forum will have a hard time managing it's active user base.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Search function is now even crappier.
Quick Reply not working