Why I am leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim

Married!
@Anirudh: You are missing the point completely. We need fast servers. We complain about disabling features whenever they, whoever manages this forum wants , forums being offline way too many times. Basically consistency is missing :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I agree with Rohan regarding server downtimes. I dunno about you guys but that rarely happens to me. Maybe because I'm not that regular on the forums.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
How are members responsible for the ever increasing Technical Problems that this forum is having and how anyone but mods/admin can solve it?
Where did I ever say that forum members are responsible for the Technical issues?

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
First I thought you were leaving the forum for 9 months(becoz of your very popular thread) :lol: But you are right this forum is getting worse.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@infra_red_dude
Dude, we are complaining about the bugs not thread qualities.
Today isn't the first time we've put these issues in-front of Admins/Mods. Seriously MODS don't come into picture as they are nothing but super users with some level of authority.
Do, u think low quality of threads create BUGs :)shock:). We are pissed of bugs that the forum is producing everyday.

And about contribution, u used to post tutorials previously. Which is d latest contribution from u?
Tarey_g posted about his firefox extension.
Some dude (can't recall name) posted in depth review of Zenith lappy yesterday.
If I go on, I would be insulting the rest for ignoring them.

Those who left, they had to. None is going to be here forever. The mantle had to be passed on to next gen.

If u don't remember, let me remind u, after discusing with MODs and Admins Kalpik started the "Forum Improvements Suggestion" thread. We filled it with bugs, suggestions, particular problems were shown with screenshots. We were promised a resolution. BUT, nothing happened. Oh no, it did happenm. We got more bugs.
Search function is now even crappier.
Quick Reply not working
Forum Jump removed.
Online user list removed.
No. of Users viewing a section removed.

So, what do u say? We are crying for no reason.

And, if u don't know. Let me remind u that, Rohanm, Kalpik and a few others told, if given a chance (authority) they can fix the bugs. Neither they were given a chance nor the Digit mgmt. took any steps.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@infra_red_dude
Dude, we are complaining about the bugs not thread qualities.
Today isn't the first time we've put these issues in-front of Admins/Mods. Seriously MODS don't come into picture as they are nothing but super users with some level of authority.
Do, u think low quality of threads create BUGs :)shock:). We are pissed of bugs that the forum is producing everyday.

And about contribution, u used to post tutorials previously. Which is d latest contribution from u?
Tarey_g posted about his firefox extension.
Some dude (can't recall name) posted in depth review of Zenith lappy yesterday.
If I go on, I would be insulting the rest for ignoring them.

Those who left, they had to. None is going to be here forever. The mantle had to be passed on to next gen.

If u don't remember, let me remind u, after discusing with MODs and Admins Kalpik started the "Forum Improvements Suggestion" thread. We filled it with bugs, suggestions, particular problems were shown with screenshots. We were promised a resolution. BUT, nothing happened. Oh no, it did happenm. We got more bugs.
Search function is now even crappier.
Quick Reply not working
Forum Jump removed.
Online user list removed.
No. of Users viewing a section removed.

So, what do u say? We are crying for no reason.

And, if u don't know. Let me remind u that, Rohanm, Kalpik and a few others told, if given a chance (authority) they can fix the bugs. Neither they were given a chance nor the Digit mgmt. took any steps.
1) If you read my post I have never denied about the complaints regarding the technical issues, I agree with Rohan (as I said in my last post). I feel that the quality of posts has stooped to an unimaginable level at Thinkdigit Forums.

2) I said the same thing that compared to shitty posts there are very few useful posts and all (including me) are to be blamed for this.

3) As I've said before I agree on the technical issue part. But since I'm not that frequent now (I'm sorry for that), I don't feel the pinch. I am complaining about the quality of posts since thats what matters me.

But believe me guys, the technical issues faced today are just small ones compared to what the forum has seen (But that doesn't mean we should be happy and not do anything about it :)))

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Apart from the search thingy, there's the 30 sec wait between 2 posts (although it would be the first time you're posting), duplicate of a post made in the last XX seconds (although it's your only post), errors occured with your submission (although the post gets submitted) etc etc etc. :|

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I really don't see why everyone always start pointing fingers at mods each and every time someone starts a thread about the forum. Regardless of who is an mod and who is active the forums are kept pretty neat. The only time I've seen alot of spam or unwanted ads is in the early morning.
Wake up, don't pass on the blame to admins/mods. Each one of us (including me) is equally responsible for the state of the forum today.
This unfortunately is the exact truth. If you were to make a scale based on the quality threads created ages ago and now judge the forum by that norm you would be surprised to find that the threads wouldn't even qualify to fit in its league.

That said, one could argue that why waste my time on a forum where no one cares to listen to my opinion. Why not another forum where everything works fine or bugs are sorted out quickly. Personally I hate that this forum still has the "el cheapo" look and I thank Amitava for making that stylish add in or whatever its called to make Digit look much cleaner. I just hope that the admins no matter how busy you are actually find the time to do the needed and resolve some of the issues on the forums.

Raaabo , if you happen to read this I'm just quoting what you said on the editorial.
"Digit, as a brand, is headed towards fulfilling all the needs that our rather large famly has been demanding."
"We're not just adding value to the magazine , but online, and to the DVD as well"
Take a look at the needs of the family members who frequent this forum and please do the needed. I hope you continue to add value to the online segment of Digit and thus make it a much more cozy place for its users.

D

Deleted member 26636

"This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between searches.Please try again in 88 seconds."

:mad: :mad:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
Posted again:
"This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between searches.Please try again in 88 seconds."

:mad: :mad:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.:x:x

Last edited by a moderator:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I think I understand now why they removed the online users thingy. Probably so that the users wouldn't pester the admins for these changes, like they used to in case they saw any of the admins online. :|

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
Posted again:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.:x:x
WTF??!! :???:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@gaurav, the search thingy is new. I've already posted with screenshot on the Forum Improvements Thread the day I encountered it.
Believe me, it was never there. Bcz, in office I log-in here @10.30 and log-off @7PM.
Between this time, I do only "New Posts", even within a 10 sec. interval. And I had made it a habit of clicking the link.
Thus I'm pissed off now to b in hold.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just come on the forum to visit 2 threads -
the Football and the UrT threads.

I'm also leaving the forum anyways and many more are also thinking to do the same. Soon we UrT players will get our own server and we will not require this forum any more for getting in touch with each other to play the game.

@infra_red_dude
I will agree that some people are after admins and mods which is not right but they are actually frustrated. :| Whenever anyone thinks of opening the Tutorial, QnA & Troubleshooting forums so that he can help others, he is always 'waiting for reply.' So, how can he help other people?

I can't describe how difficult it has been browsing the forum on a mobile without the forum jump drop-down menu.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
As long as its just not a quote of the above post and contains at least one character you wont get that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom