Why freshseasons seasons was banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim

Married!
Gees, if Mods are really serious to clean this Forum, should scan through Football Channel thread and would find plenty of iffy words.:confused::rolleyes:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ red_devil ftw...:lol:

On-topic: I remember myself going through that thread, the post wasn't that offensive. It was just a joke IMO. :|

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think mods are irritated with the comments on their mag and the forum. And now they are saying "We can't take it any more". Banning even for a small reason. Boy, gotta watch my mouth from now, or i may end up being banned...:))
Its not MODs, its the Admins who own/are directly related to Mag...
MODs are one of us with more authority(power)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
Dont give them ideas :p

BTW, I see even MetalHead is no longer a mod, along with Kalpik. Anorion is also no longer admin. :|
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showgroups.php

Anorion, cyberjunkie and others are now members of a different group "Team Digit" and they do have moderating powers AFAIK. But I think, their names should be distinguished with a different colour. :p

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because we have began to trust him??
I fail to understand what do you mean in your post. :confused:

Anorion and others are now members of a custom group made by Raaabo named "Team Digit" like I mentioned above.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
See, previously Admins were like God...all knew they are there but none knew how to reach them. They only showed up only when they felt so...

Anorion broke that practice...began more frequent with forum, took active part in conversations...to me at least he felt one of us...(this feeling I'm calling a trust)

now, I don't know what "Team Digit" group means. I knew color code which tells that Anorion is a mortal now:-D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Cyberjunkie, Lucifer, Static, Deutero, Raaabo and me all work for the magazine, and are all admins/mods. We just don't show up in those colours anymore.
Freshseasons posted a personal attack against some of the admins, which is why they chose to ban him. We are always open to legitimate criticisms of the magazine, the forum, and other suggestions. We come down strongly on personal remarks against any person, irrespective of who that person is, which is why, for example, Vamsi's thread got taken down. We found that some of the posts in that thread were in bad taste.
We hang out a lot in the forums, and we are ok with discussions, and even participate in some threads with umm... questionable content :p. As long as no one in the forum is ashamed of showing any thread to their parents... it's cool. Feel free to speak your mind, but stay civil.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@rhitwick

Do try coming on #digit on irc.thinkdigit.com :)

You'll always find atleast 1 guy from Team Digit in the channel. Even I had some misconceptions, but they were cleared. :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
aah! Strom in a tea cup is not a matter for blue whales like you. But the guy who's just banned is just a fly in the tea. So, it matters most.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@freshseasons, ur joke hurt someone's feeling...
Say sorry and wait till they un-ban you

@Admins, he is going to be un-banned right...??? Or this is permanent?? :rolleyes:

din

Tribal Boy
[Edit]

Only thing surprise me - the post was written in May 2009 and action (ban) was taken by July end. hmmm

[/Edit]

@Anorion

Thanks for the details, it clears things.

@freshseasons

I saw the post and sorry, that is sure offensive :( (Of course not a very serious one) Might be you never meant that, might be you wrote it without thinking. I think you can send an apology message (to whom you know :) )

@others

The post might be the only offensive one among freshseason's posts so far, but after reading it, I think he should apologize. Especially as he is an old member, so admins / mods might have never expected that.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ true. I also checked the post in Google's cache. The post may not be offensive for us, but for Digit staff members, it can be termed as offensive.

Anyways, for how long the ban is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom