Why doesn't my hard drive let me save anymore stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj_mafiosi

Broken In
I have a 500GB hard drive, I've only used 90GB so far but when i try to put more stuff into something it says there is not enough space on the disk. Plz someone help me!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Pretty strange think digit has much poor support despite people claiming thinkdigit is the most active forum...
Google for hd tune and run error scan. If you see any red dots, you have bad sectors. Next time you post do mention the configuration inlucluding the psu, the make of the drive and the connection it uses- sata or IDE to make things easier for you and others so we can be on the same page.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I have a 500GB hard drive, I've only used 90GB so far but when i try to put more stuff into something it says there is not enough space on the disk. Plz someone help me!
First run a chkdsk on it...
Analyze d result...and then run Defrag...

Reply ur result here...

foruamit2004

Broken In
if this problem is copying any file to anyplace or some file to any specific drive/folder??anyway try as said above..
btw if the drive fromat is fat32 then you can not copy files > 4gb..

dips_view

Broken In
post your detail HW, SW configuration.check out jumper settings if its pata.some settings restricts drive in a fraction of full. check out BIOS also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom