Whts secondary raid for????

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelf15

Journeyman

Hey ppls..I wanted to know that whit is this secondary raid0 and secondary raid1 on the motherboard for ..they are two parallel ports for connecting a hdd i have connected my pata (not Sata) hdd to them but it does not work there..however i have another two slots for hdd and the hdd work on those slots...i wanted to know whether i can connect a sata on this motherboard ..i dont have the sata serial ports ..Pls help thx

assasin

Banned
If u wanna connect Sata HDDs to ur mobo u'll have to buya SATA pci expansion card.See the link below:
*www.etech4sale.com/ADAPTEC_2169900-R_SATA_II_RAID/2169900-R/partinfo-id-150676.html

OP
J

joelf15

Journeyman
assasin said:
If u wanna connect Sata HDDs to ur mobo u'll have to buya SATA pci expansion card.See the link below:
*www.etech4sale.com/ADAPTEC_2169900-R_SATA_II_RAID/2169900-R/partinfo-id-150676.html

Right i know tht but whis the secondary raid slot for on the motherboard?????

assasin

Banned
RAID is a setup dat u can create with 2 or more SATA hdds,its not a slot as u say.I think u were trying to point to ur secondary IDE slot.If not den plz clarify urself.

shantanu

Technomancer
a secondary raid array is setup to create a vast disk transfer between two or more sata dirves as raido raid 1 and raid 2 and raid 3 as per sata connectors on your mobo

OP
J

joelf15

Journeyman
yess its an ide secondary raid o and raid 1 ...is there a way i can connect a sata to the mobo ..coz i dont have those two small connectors for sata ..i have the blue parallel port like in the pic..which says secondary raid o and 1 *www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2005/1381/i915Pa-EFRII_extraIDE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom