Wht after +2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey frens

Like other fellow i am also in the cross roads of chossing colleges.
Just yesterday i had completed my cbse board exam.Now i am very much confused which college i should go for?

I am PCM student and i want to pursue my further studies in Enginerring B.Tech in computers.i hv no idea reagardin colleges. Some says private is gud while other says government colleges r better for computer education. So pls help me?

and yaa one thing more wht r emergin cources in computers. I know abt Btech in software and hardware only..

pls help me.

Ronak

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^^ First of all, right now prepare for the JEE exam(if u wanna give it)... or get set for the AIEEE...

U will need a good score to get into a good college, and even more as Comp. Sci. is a in demand subject.......

Anchal Singh

Right off the assembly line
Hi ron, there are many advanced courses in software & hardware, like a embedded system which is a combination of them both. Likewise there are some courses.. check this link to get assistance from an IT institute *bit.ly/amform

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
@thanks

Frens i hv some qn

Which institute is gud for computer engineering?
Private or Public and Why?

We engineering aspirants drops one year takes coachin and studies to get admission in good colleges. How much is this study related to our bachelor course specially in computer technology?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Engineering in general, at the undergraduate level is not really focused on research. If you are interested in research, go for an M.Sc degree - Engineering courses only teach you practical skills and not the real conceptual knowledge required to perform research (They teach everything but it is kinda condensed).

So, it doesn't matter much whether you get admission in a government or private college with regards to this. However, do choose a college with a good reputation and good placements so that you get started with a job quite early.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

We engineering aspirants drops one year takes coachin and studies to get admission in good colleges. How much is this study related to our bachelor course specially in computer technology?

Especially when talking about computer technology, I would say not related at all. Engineering is a different education, and your knowledge of physics, chemistry and maths at IIT-JEE/AIEEE level will not help too much (except maths, which is useful......if you know things like Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, etc. all this comes in computer engineering).

IMO, the performance of a student in phy, chem, maths in 12th/AIEEE/JEE has NOTHING to do with his engineering education - I have seen quite a few student with remarkably decent PCM marks doing badly in engineering, and I have seen people with very poor (50-70%) maths marks topping the computer programming subjects.......

In short, in engineering your 12th education is *almost* worthless (except in streams like mechanical, chemical or biomedical engineering). Those who were good at it already will shine.......others may have to spend time adjusting.

Last edited:
OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
thnks buddy for the suggestion and wht abt the first semester buddy?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
thnks buddy for the suggestion and wht abt the first semester buddy?

The first semester will breeze through if you are in the IITs, an autonomous institute, or the deemed universities.

In many deemed universities, the syllabi and correction of papers is very lenient - one can easily score marks.

Otherwise, in the NITs and state/central universities you may have to struggle a bit in the first year. Some of your IIT coaching will help you in the first semester for PCM.

Regarding research in engineering, the problem is that most of the colleges do not have the equipment for serious research - mainly because engineering is supposed to be an "industry oriented" course, therefore the faculties usually want people to pursue industrial projects instead of some thesis.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
budd@ there is no doubt nit is far better than private college bt which nit is gud for CSE?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
IMO, you probably should not look at which NIT is good or bad - it is not guaranteed that you will get admission in the NIT you desire. In general, all NITs have decent syllabi for CSE, that (IMO) offers a better quality education than even some IITs......

Don't worry so much. Get admission, the rest will all follow gradually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom