Who ships to India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonder

Broken In
Hi there,

Can you guys suggest any reliable International online webstores ( for computer peripherals ) that ships to India? I have been searching.. maybe I'm really bad at searching cause I cant find one. I figured many here would have purchased stuff online that wasnt available here in India..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
*www.dealextreme.com/

they offer free shipping and their prices are very low but i haven't tried this site till now as i don't have a credit card :(. also they accept payment only via paypal (again for which you need a credit card)

hsetir

Broken In
As of my knowledge, the best online store to ship internationally is
*www.frys.com
Its california based and prices hover a tad over newegg's.
But with ridiculous customs charge high as 30%, import is not advised. As with more evolution of online and retail computer stores in India, prices are gradually coming level so that the final import cost might even cross the local price.Unless you are going for ultra high end components, buy in locals.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
I and many from this and others forums have bought from the links I have given. You haven't heard that doesn't mean that there is none that ships to india.
could you tell me, what kind of taxes (to whom and how much?) had to be paid?? will be very helpful.
thanks

hsetir

Broken In
Custom duty is to paid to the government for the imports(not all, see their site for the list). Its 30% of the price marked on the imported item. The postman/courier who delivers you the item shall give you the custom duty receipt and you're to pay to him, and if delayed, you might need to pay directly to the custom office.
So if you could agree the sender to mark it as a low priced item that appears reasonable to their weight and dimension, you might actually be able to get through with a lower surcharge. Or get him to mark it as item for repair (gift idea not always works).
But remember, shipping charges hover near Rs 1500/- for gfx card and motherboards, so the cost off your pocket generally surpasses the price from local store, except for ultra high-end products which are much overpriced in India. Processors, ram and most motherboards are very reasonably priced and better buy in locals if you can find. You can save a little from import of light weight items like ram, or ebay items those end in low bids.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^seems like a big no no to me.
because ...
1>to much hassle
2>price adv is less
3>no warranty cover (which is essential, when buying high end items)

But i still dont understand why tech stuff is so overpriced in India. It almost 40% -100% higher. (recently read a review about 790i mobo - cost 32k. ROFL. only 14k in the US). and also when some manufactures have even opened plants in india.

I think this one reason is good enough, to not to live in india. hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom