Who says Vista is a flop????

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
Windows is for improvement and technology enhancements, for proper learning and user friendly envoirment with lots of features and a great support, regular updates and Plus pacakages... a lot easier then anything...

Linux or OSS are for productivity and Core developement..

MAcs !!! they are just for ARYA YUSH :D:D:D:D:D

PS: dont take it personally, its just a joke :D:D

amitava82

MMO Addict
i never said their products are not user friendly. They are user friendly compared to Linux. but they are over priced. don't u agree?

shantanu

Technomancer
no windows products are not overpriced... never...

remember it a Close source software , and not OSS... then they give you full support... look at macs.. what a MAc OS costs to you.. and then look at windows..

even you can run MACos on a PC, but running any other OS on a MAC is quite a headache with many Problem... and for that also Microsoft is releasing software to help Apple Cope up there losses...
Microsoft designs hardware for MAC, and software editions for MACs... :D

what does LINUX and MAC make for them??

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
shantanu_webmaster said:
look at macs.. what a MAc OS costs to you.. and then look at windows..
The full fledged version of Mac OS X "Tiger" is cheaper than the cheapest, absolutely crippled and practically unusable version of Windows Vista.

shantanu_webmaster said:
even you can run MACos on a PC, but running any other OS on a MAC is quite a headache with many Problem
Actually, it is just the opposite.
"even you can run Windows and Linux on a MAC, but running MACos on a PC is quite a headache with many Problem"

shantanu_webmaster said:
and for that also Microsoft is releasing software to help Apple Cope up there losses...
Microsoft designs hardware for MAC, and software editions for MACs...
Make no mistake, Microsoft makes software for Mac because it is profitable for them. They are not running on losses to support Macs. LOL!

shantanu_webmaster said:
Yeah, Linux developers should surely spend time and resources making software for Windows. After all, Microsoft is so helpful and co-operative towards the open source movement. LOL!

shantanu

Technomancer
"even you can run Windows and Linux on a MAC, but running MACos on a PC is quite a headache with many Problem"
and Its not easy to install Windows on MAC, it has been made easy by M$..

Yeah, Linux developers should surely spend time and resources making software for Windows. After all, Microsoft is so helpful and co-operative towards the open source movement. LOL!

why not apple.. why only linux.. and yes they shoudl provide some compatiblity other than partition load up...

The full fledged version of Mac OS X "Tiger" is cheaper than the cheapest, absolutely crippled and practically unusable version of Windows Vista
what you mean by practically unusable windows of Vista.. ??
cant understand... ?
Make no mistake, Microsoft makes software for Mac because it is profitable for them. They are not running on losses to support Macs. LOL
Mr. MAC they MAc is running into loss.. just see the sensex and then you will notice..

and by the way , present some thing extra ordinary in order to beat M$... your Apples arrent even occupying 10% of the worlds population... wat say in this... if they are so good then , whay the hell people dont buy them....

i never tried to insult apple coz next month i will too be a APPLE Owner.. but that does not change the reality that windows is the best OS for masses... and simply gr8....

and it cant make a difference if you keep on quoting me... :p

amitava82

MMO Addict
Dude there are Thousands of Open source softwares which are available for both Linux and Windows even for Mac. I don't know if there is any software by MS for Linux or any software which is absolutely for FREE. if its there definitely for their own profit. At least mac makes iTune for windows though it is to support iPod. what about media player?

shantanu

Technomancer
media player is also for MAC, and IE is also for MAc, i can give you a whole list for the softwares supporting MAC by M$...and many are under development...

mediator

Technomancer
shantanu_Webmaster said:
Windows is for improvement and technology enhancements, for proper learning and user friendly envoirment with lots of features and a great support, regular updates and Plus pacakages... a lot easier then anything...
__________________________________________________ _____________

Linux or OSS are for productivity and Core developement..
__________________________________________________ _____________

MAcs !!! they are just for ARYA YUSH
These r called typical fanboy comments and statements from a person who has never experienced other platforms or just rely on the advice and statements of rumour mongers. Even in jokes u shudn't take names!!

shantanu_webmaster said:
remember it a Close source software , and not OSS... then they give you full support... look at macs.. what a MAc OS costs to you.. and then look at windows..
I know its a closed source OS, but u r saying ignorantly like full support isn't given for OSS. I wonder how majority servers employing Linux have survived then! And yea I look at windows and last thing I can recall is that MS was apologising for serving malwares!

shantanu_webmaster said:
Please visit *sourceforge.net and count the number of applications/free softwares if u can! Similarly I want to ask that Linux supports Windows partitions that too by default, y doesn't windows supports linux partitions? Improvements and technology enhancement like u said??

As someone said "Half gathered knowledge is really dangerous"! I never spoke about Mac coz I never experienced it, may u shud do the same regarding GNU/Linux and Mac tooo. I know u work for MS corps coz ur earlier avatar told the whole story, but u shudn't really become a fanboy then.

PS: dont take it personally, its just a.... :D :D!

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft sells 20 million Vista licenses

Windows Vista is off to a fast start, having sold more than 20million copies since its January 30 consumer release.

*news.com.com/Microsoft+sells+20+million+Vista+licenses/2100-1016_3-6170426.html?tag=nl.e703

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
shantanu_webmaster said:
and Its not easy to install Windows on MAC, it has been made easy by M$..
WTH are you talking about! Microsoft has made it easy for people to install Windows on a Mac? Are you on crack! :lol:

shantanu_webmaster said:
why not apple.. why only linux.. and yes they shoudl provide some compatiblity other than partition load up...
I was being sarcastic. Open source developers are being very generous by developing software for Windows. Amitava is correct. Given Microsoft's behaviour towards the open source community, they do not deserve anything from open source.

shantanu_webmaster said:
what you mean by practically unusable windows of Vista.. ??
cant understand... ?
I meant the Home Basic version. Even that is more expensive than Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger".

shantanu_webmaster said:
Mr. MAC they MAc is running into loss.. just see the sensex and then you will notice..
Apple has not posted a single quarterly loss ever since Steve Jobs brought about the first profitable quarter. Mac sales are continuously on the rise. They are not "running into loss". You have absolutely no idea.

shantanu_webmaster said:
and by the way , present some thing extra ordinary in order to beat M$... your Apples arrent even occupying 10% of the worlds population... wat say in this... if they are so good then , whay the hell people dont buy them....
Though Apple obviously aims at world domination, I personally would much rather see Macs occupy a niche reputation in the market. I don't want Macs to be like iPods.

shantanu_webmaster said:
i never tried to insult apple coz next month i will too be a APPLE Owner.. but that does not change the reality that windows is the best OS for masses... and simply gr8....
Let us hear your opinion about Macintoshes after a month or two then. :)

shantanu_webmaster said:
media player is also for MAC, and IE is also for MAc, i can give you a whole list for the softwares supporting MAC by M$...and many are under development...
There are only two pieces of software currently under development that are being worked upon and are supported by Microsoft - Office for Mac and Messenger for Mac.

Office for Mac is brilliant. It is also a money-spinner for Microsoft.

Messenger for Mac, on the other hand, is crap. I don't know why though. Maybe because it is free. I have no idea.

Internet Explorer for Mac has been stopped. It was crap anyway.

Microsoft Media Player for Mac is another crap piece of software that is currently on haitus. There hasn't been an update in ages.

Apple makes iTunes and QuickTime Player for Windows. Both are actively developed and supported by Apple and always have the exact same functionality as on a Mac.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
The full fledged version of Mac OS X "Tiger" is cheaper than the cheapest, absolutely crippled and practically unusable version of Windows Vista.

Why do u always forget to include the Phrase "It runs only on hardware bought from Apple which adds to the over all cost"
arya said:

Yeah, we can't run MacOS X on a PC officially cos Apple won't let us.

Apple makes iTunes and QuickTime Player for Windows. Both are actively developed and supported by Apple and always have the exact same functionality as on a Mac.

You again forgot to mention "So that Windows users can use iPod, as they rule the market share in OS"

shantanu

Technomancer
mediator said:
These r called typical fanboy comments and statements from a person who has never experienced other platforms or just rely on the advice and statements of rumour mongers. Even in jokes u shudn't take names!!

I know its a closed source OS, but u r saying ignorantly like full support isn't given for OSS. I wonder how majority servers employing Linux have survived then! And yea I look at windows and last thing I can recall is that MS was apologising for serving malwares!

Please visit *sourceforge.net and count the number of applications/free softwares if u can! Similarly I want to ask that Linux supports Windows partitions that too by default, y doesn't windows supports linux partitions? Improvements and technology enhancement like u said??

As someone said "Half gathered knowledge is really dangerous"! I never spoke about Mac coz I never experienced it, may u shud do the same regarding GNU/Linux and Mac tooo. I know u work for MS corps coz ur earlier avatar told the whole story, but u shudn't really become a fanboy then.

PS: dont take it personally, its just a.... :D :D!

First of all, i aint a fanboy... then i have used Linux and am planning to buy a Apple Lappy in april... then i just joked Arya coz if his signature... and i didnt said anything to you...

now you say that i am acting like a fanboy... why arent you talking like ANTI_windows -community person...

its ok that you dont have good experience but you shoudl write till the limit it does not beocme offensive , not till the time your talk looses its original meaning.. you know one thing, i always post where i fell like that i wont get opposed for telling truth.... really.. when i see Vimal,s18000, arya and others i know in the thread then only i post.. otherwise not.. coz people just quote without seeing what is written...

you said Half Knowledge
i say i am a fool , if that keeps you cool... dont dont forget to have a lool.. at the end of this drool... :D:D

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
shantanu_webmaster said:
now you say that i am acting like a fanboy... why arent you talking like ANTI_windows -community person...
I wud have been if I were making castles in air like u and posting anything without proof or otherwise ignorantly! And how come u said "I'm acting like u"? If u have ever read my replies/posts before u wud have known that I always liked MS-VMWARE, MS-office, and ackowledged here openly for linux being weak in gaming front. Nething else u wanna say Mr.Fanboy?
Who else did say here that MS-windows is for ......., linux is for ......, mac is for...??

shantanu_webmaster said:
its ok that you dont have good experience but you shoudl write till the limit it does not beocme offensive , not till the time your talk looses its original meaning.. you know one thing, i always post where i fell like that i wont get opposed for telling truth.... really.. when i see Vimal,s18000, arya and others i know in the thread then only i post.. otherwise not.. coz people just quote without seeing what is written...
I hope u'll practise in future wat u preach!

shantanu said:
i say i am a fool , if that keeps you cool... dont dont forget to have a lool.. at the end of this drool
R u confirming ur nature ? Neways a fanboy indeed is a fool.....and thinking that bt u doesnt makes me cool but generates pity.

Neways I expected line by line replies from u for my post #31 and not some confession from u that ur a fool (u said that not me). Its quite common for people to reply selectively, lose their ability to reply properly and resort to preaching like a stereotype. Shud I assume u have nothing to reply for my post #31 ?

Sooo if u wanna discuss then discuss properly or else better not to discuss it........ever!

eddie

El mooooo
shantanu_webmaster said:
Vista's Kernel is so powerfull that it will surely overtake the market in quite a small time...
Can you elaborate a little on the "Powerful Vista Kernel"? BTW you do know what kernel means...right?

Why do ppl always fight over what is best..
Cant we just use what suits us the Most.
as for me Suse 10.1 and XP is the best Combination and I have been using them for past few years..But still I wont like to say which is best and which is worse..Its totally depends on the individual,and let it be like that only.

shantanu

Technomancer
@mediator.. as i said before. when i try that the surroundings dont become heavy, people try to think that they are smart and strat to say what ever they want.. You want the answer i will give it to you.

@eddie: mind your language... *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_%28computer_science%29
and this is for you as you still dont knwo what is kernel.. :p

@mediator...
first of all i just joked to Arya.. of whom you guys made a crap...
leave it , but as you said that linux is getting full support.. how many update packages and Bi-transforal update is provided by Linux..., no it does not provide that... coz it updates directly the kernel and values for it... you know that mean.. it means that Linux is having a UNSTABLE kernel , that is not up to mark.. it keeps on changing , coz its a OSS, and its been updated every day... what else.

Microsoft provides free of cost shipments to its subscribers , those who are commercially dealing with server ranges... i hope you know how many types of servers are there currently on which M$ is working...
appolozising for Malwares... i dont think so.. where the proof....

and you gave me the link.. i think buddy!!! oss is not a company itself... is it..
soundforge distributions are made by people and submitted... where are they certified... i dont know about it.. .. if you knwo then please correct me and tell me..

now the last line i wrote to you was just to make the surroundings lite enough so that either you or anyone does not gets hurt... but WTH you dont care about that...
its ok.. niether i was telling you my nature , nor i am a FANBOY, but if you want to mean that,, let it be.,... i dont care...
and i have used linux and i appreciate it too.. but its not 20% as compared to windows..

@eddie: again mind you language...

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
shantanu_webmaster said:
@eddie: mind your language...

@eddie: again mind you language...
Eh? Mind my language? Asking you to elaborate on something you claimed, is offensive to you? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom