Who says Vista is a flop????

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
AFAIK programmers also working on a project which will work as a bridge between KDE and Gnome. Applications written for KDE can be easily ported to Gnome (with Gnome looks) and vice-versa...It will then definitely help both environments...

praka123

left this forum longback
Mera Windows(Vista/Xp/&&) Mahaaaan! Baaki Sab Bekaaaar
I have seen this in discovery,animal planet etc-it is called scent marking.territorial WIndows Users!

I read some pages back @gx sourav saying who is forcing Windows?In India there are assembled PCs and so options are available,but what about the US & European markets?All the PCs,Lappies advertise preloaded with Windows!Why?this is exactly forcing u to use windows!.
the Best thing H/W manufacturers can do is to just support Linux and other FLOSS Operating Systems by submitting their h/w driver source to the Linux kernel devel team.

I have a question as a ex-windows user?do u thing u attained nirvana just by installing softwares NEXT-NEXT-FINISH>?if u got virus,u'll get urself some AV.most of them will crack it to use.AND thinks top of the world they are.
See the Linux OS,it doesnot want any such av 3rd party s/w.It is definitely worth the words its users explaining.
In India,why should we use Windows in defence establishments?isnt it risky affair?Even US military uses Linux,Indian military is gr8.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Strong Demand for Windows Vista Reported

Best Buy and Circuit City both say there is strong interest in the Windows Vista operating system in their retail stores.

*www.pcworld.com/article/id,130395-pg,1/article.html

These figures appear to point to a successful launch for Vista, as Microsoft's prediction that Vista would outsell XP considerably in the early days of its release is coming true.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
praka123 said:
Mera Windows(Vista/Xp/&&) Mahaaaan! Baaki Sab Bekaaaar
I have seen this in discovery,animal planet etc-it is called scent marking.territorial WIndows Users!

I read some pages back @gx sourav saying who is forcing Windows?In India there are assembled PCs and so options are available,but what about the US & European markets?All the PCs,Lappies advertise preloaded with Windows!Why?this is exactly forcing u to use windows!.
the Best thing H/W manufacturers can do is to just support Linux and other FLOSS Operating Systems by submitting their h/w driver source to the Linux kernel devel team.

I have a question as a ex-windows user?do u thing u attained nirvana just by installing softwares NEXT-NEXT-FINISH>?if u got virus,u'll get urself some AV.most of them will crack it to use.AND thinks top of the world they are.
See the Linux OS,it doesnot want any such av 3rd party s/w.It is definitely worth the words its users explaining.
In India,why should we use Windows in defence establishments?isnt it risky affair?Even US military uses Linux,Indian military is gr8.

well mate , in US too ppl have the choice of getting their computer assebled , also dell n other manufacturers r also giving option of getting linux preloaded too , plz do some research before making comments .

also , i DON'T use an antivirus , n my system runs perfectly , without a hitch .

i regularly check performance , n it's the same level it was when i installed xp .

n also to be sure , i do an antivirus-scan once every 3 months n then uninstall the AV n i haven't had a SINGLE virus , trojan , etc detected since the last time i installed xp(~2 years) .

praka123

left this forum longback
I did all the research before posting.the NEWS is Dell is yet to release Linux preloaded PCs ofcourse for some test productions they do made.

regarding Windows Os whatever lives without AntiVirus in Internet is ....lie.I know it.;)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
praka123 said:
regarding Windows Os whatever lives without AntiVirus in Internet is ....lie.I know it.;)

Don' declare it a lie just because its in your nature to make fun of windows and its users (atleast this is what you do in this forum), when was the last time you used windows . I never install a AV on my system (Although i do a virus scan in 6 months then uninstall it) my system has not seen a virus from 2+ years, i just do regular updates. Its not like windows is completely virus proof but its not also like what you think and write everywhere.

I know it will make no difference in your posts after reading this , but i am optimistic.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
You call a guy windows lawyer who posts on this thread after 90+ posts. I posted here only because the crap had crossed tolerable level.

I am not the guy who visits open source section to laugh on linux users who are having trouble in using a pen drive or make their sound card/etc working, i know users have made their choices and they knew what problems they will face on that path. I use windows, i know the risks and i am capable enough to keep it in shape. Someone who chose linux knew what probs he will have and is dealing with it, i have no right to force my sugestion on him to use windows or any other OS and make fun of the negatives of his choice.

Saw you profile , you have listed 'hating Microsoft' as one of your interests. Explains it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom