Which stream to choose?

©mß

Journeyman
Now I am in 10th class. My exams will be next month.
Now I want to know which stream should i opt for in 11th class.
I want to become a game programmer.
I think for it I have to choose Non-Med , but I don't like Chem and Phy.
So which stream to opt?

donnawhite

Broken In
If you want to do Non-Med then Chemistry and Physics are compulsory subjects for it. There is an other option is engineering diploma in computer science with require clearance of Entrance exam.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Phy & Chem have to be studies in both Maths & Bio stream. Go for maths, as strong mathematics concept will help you a lot in programming.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
you cant skip chem and phys.. if you want to go for engineering route.. i d suggest you get PCMC (phys chem maths comp)...
Going for HPER will get you some relief and time to prepare for IITJEE but hey you are on TDF.. it would be a shame for you to not get computer as one of your main subjects.. :)
I do like your enthusiasm about being a game developer, however at this stage it is a bit early to decide..
A word of advice bud, class 11th is NOTHING like class 10th.. 11th is the time all the nightmares begin, 12th is slightly easier than 11th..

-A 12ther who is gonna give IITJEE soon

tkin

Back to school!!
Go for Physics, Chem and Maths, and doors to every single engineering field will be opened to you, plus if you wish you can take Bio as well, can't tell when that doctor ego starts to rise.. :p

But that combo, Physics, Chem, Maths and Bio allows you to go for almost every known science field, all engineering fields and medicine, but that last one is optional, you can take computer or stats if you want, taking stats opens up path for further study in statistics and a Masters in stats will go a long long way(my friend just got a 6LPA job after doing Masters in stats from a general college).

OP
©mß

©mß

Journeyman
I want to know if anybody took computer as optional in class 10th, what is all taught in computer?

shyamsn00

Broken In
I know of a branch that involves Commerce mixed with Computer Science instead of Business Maths. That stream will not let you take up engineering, but you can study Computer Science [BSc], but it is not the easiest path to becoming a game developer. Choosing to skip Phy/Che in 11th will make your aim of becoming a game developer a very testing one all through college, unless, ofcourse, you're that super-nerd who's just got the thing (y)

and as someone who just ****ed up with the 12th boards, I would ask you to do your best in either the boards or entrance exams, even if it means sacrificing the world of technology that is your second life, so that you have a hiccup-free ride to the life of your dream :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Maths is needed for game development, unless you are an artist, creating a game, writing codes, all about mathematics. if you don't have maths, or don't like it, you can't write code, coding needs good knowledge of maths and physics(for physics calculations).

shyamsn00

Broken In
As said, you can become a game designer, which I think is more of what you would like given your age [no offense].

OP
©mß

©mß

Journeyman
I like to draw also.
And draw some things which come in my mind.
So I can become a game artist also.
So what is required for a game artist?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well you are not sure what you want to be.

anyways read this -> *gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/531/how-to-become-a-game-artist

and this -> How to Become an Artist for Video Games: 8 steps - wikiHow

shyamsn00

Broken In
It doesn't matter you're not sure what you want to become. Your ideas will evolve with time and experience, and at each stage where you have to make an important decision, you will. Game designers/artists are required/expected to have a good imagination and artistic skills [currently, there isn't a substantial course for this particularly], but you'd do good choosing Computer Science in both your higher secondary schooling level and college level.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I want to know if anybody took computer as optional in class 10th, what is all taught in computer?

I did and it was C++

And if you want to join engineering then theres no way out and you'l have to chose PCM...

I like to draw also.
And draw some things which come in my mind.
So I can become a game artist also.
So what is required for a game artist?

You havn't made up your mind and thats not something new at your stage.. Make up your mind and then try to find the best possible way.. But for both the things you'l need science..

Top Bottom