Which Prepaid 2 choose ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi..which prepaid plan 2 choose Airtel or Vodafone...
my main purpose is 4 GPRS internet...currently stucked with Airtel coz they
have VFM internet on mobile ...Rs 15 per day....only ;)

so...which plan 2 choose in Airtel & if Vodafone is good then also which one...:confused:

reddick

Mobile Freak
Yeah Airtel is fine in terms of surfing net as majority of people prefers Airtel for this purpose ;)
I also use it as it offers unlimited browsing and downloading for one time charges!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Noone else offers a good offer like Airtel.
Rs.15/day though is good, but their net speed is on a decrease :(

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Internet->AirTel

I'm on Vodafone, and their wap and gprs is expensive. I do not like the fact that they charge a monthly service fee AND charge for bandwidth.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Airtel is the worst operator... at least in Mah and Bombay. Even BSNL is better. Other things aside, you'll hardly even get a decent signal indoors. If you wanna sit with your lappy on the streets, then its another matter. Often there is zero signal outdoors also. Whats more, they cheat!!

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ I agree with you. Airtel's network is getting more and more pathetic with each passing day.

I am not sure about vodafone but its a common practise by Airtel to overcharge/wrongly charge their subscribers. Most of them pay the bills without checking details, but I always recommend people to be careful with Airtel atleast. Sorry for the ranting, but it has happened to me many times (ofcourse I am no longer an Airtel subscriber)

Raccoon

Journeyman
Ya, brazen cheating! I have a LONG list of greviances.... but my latest - about 12 days ago they sent me offer thru SMS three times to recharge for certain amount and get 90 days validity and full talk time. I did a successful recharge... got validity for one day!!! After that one day, till today my ph has been made inactive by Airtel. There are no Nodal or Appellete officers in Airtel. Its a total sham. Their phones dont work and email dont fetch a single response. After mailing cust care dozen times, they sent one mail saying Airtel has made no such offer and I should recharge again using voucher available from the market.

Never believe any offers from Airtel. They are white collar dacoits doing their job in broad daylight. Totally unprofessional about everything other than robbing money.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I use Virgin...Internet cost me just Rs5/- day...Speed is amazing...like surfing on a PC..On my vkewl handset there is Netfront browser which is excellent with lots of options....Any competition...Perhaps not..Cheap and best..

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I use Virgin...Internet cost me just Rs5/- day...Speed is amazing...like surfing on a PC..On my vkewl handset there is Netfront browser which is excellent with lots of options....Any competition...Perhaps not..Cheap and best..

Virgin mobiles r they ne good...??? :confused:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Is it unlimited? or daily there is a certain limit on download?
And can you post the download & upload speeds you are getting?

I download lot of data, so being unlimited is a must. :D

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I am talking about surfing on the mobile handset itself and not in modem mode via PC..And yes it is Unlimited..Just one time deduction of Rs 5 when you start browsing and voila no charges for that day.you may surf 24 hrs without paying a penny extra...And PC connectivity is also good...People are getting very good speeds I am unable to connect via PC due to lost CD ..So in dire need of Huawei C5330 modem drivers for checking speed on PC..But Netfront browser n vbytes rocks in this handset...I can open heavy sites like www.imdb.com n www.mouthshut.com with ease...that too on an extraordinarily now price...Though browser has its limitations bcoz of it is an advanced wap browser not a full html one..

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Follow a simple rule with Airtel..Never ever subscribe 2 the special offers that they take out 4m time 2 time....Time and again the CC people will call u and tell u abt the certain offers that they have 4 u...But there r a lot of hidden costs in those...

Always say a plain no 2 them and u will b happy...As far as net connectivity is concerned, BSNL BB is gud...

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^ Dude, the special offer thing is just ONE issue with them. There are dozens of others. The network itself is pathetic! Besides its not even about hidden costs per se! Now they refuse to acknowledge (on email) that they ever made any offer. Customer care on the other hand readily agrees and every time I call they say they will fix everything in 48 hours. Of course, nothing happens.

There is no chance of happiness with Airtel with any method. Lol!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My friend account balance gets deducted by Rs.30 inspite of not subscribing to caller tunes. The Airtel CC guys do not respond properly. Poor guy. :(

Yeah and I hate that line " Aap nishchinth rahiye, aapka kaam agle 48 hours mein ho jayega" :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom