which one to pick SAMSUNG GALAXY 551 or GALAXY FIT??

sanket

Broken In
If i have to choose between samsung galaxy 551 and galaxy FIT, which one should i go for??? A friend of mine wants to buy and stucked between these two.

azzu

AJJU
i dnt knw much abt galaxy 551 plzz specify. thnx

Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA support
3.2" 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen of WQVGA (240 x 400 pixel) resolution
Great QWERTY keyboard
Android OS v2.2 with TouchWiz launcher
667MHz processor
3.15 MP autofocus camera, QVGA video recording at 15fps
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
GPS with A-GPS connectivity
160 MB internal storage, microSD slot

copied from gsmarena :p

instead of both tell ur friend to buy "lg optimus one" much Better phone than those two u specified

OP
S

sanket

Broken In
Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA support
3.2" 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen of WQVGA (240 x 400 pixel) resolution
Great QWERTY keyboard
Android OS v2.2 with TouchWiz launcher
667MHz processor
3.15 MP autofocus camera, QVGA video recording at 15fps
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
GPS with A-GPS connectivity
160 MB internal storage, microSD slot

copied from gsmarena :p

instead of both tell ur friend to buy "lg optimus one" much Better phone than those two u specified
ok.
nw if he has to choose between galaxy 551 n Optimus one, you say that ptimus one is better. I'm with you bcoz im proud owner of optimus one :D.
bt if possibe, can you tell me pro's of Optimus 1 over galaxy 551??.
coz hez very confused and asks such typ of questions.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
pro's of Optimus 1 over galaxy 551

1. O1 should get Gingerbread update this month (for those who don't like playing with custom roms) whereas 551 may never get it.

2. 551 have an odd resolution of 240X400. this isn't too low but this will render most apps useless. most apps doesn't support these kind of resolution.

3. MOST IMPORTANT: O1 uses Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset that have Adreno200 GPU whereas 551 uses Samsung S3C6410 SOC with some basic 3D accelerator.

4. 551 gives you a physical keyboard but a smaller battery (Android is already power hungry, now a smaller battery) whereas O1's 1500mah gives good backup.

these are added points:

1. O1 have some really capable DEVs at work. bringing out some really good performance ROMs.

2. for those who are not happy with O1's performance can overclock the processor by a massive 200Mhz.

OP
S

sanket

Broken In
1. O1 should get Gingerbread update this month (for those who don't like playing with custom roms) whereas 551 may never get it.

2. 551 have an odd resolution of 240X400. this isn't too low but this will render most apps useless. most apps doesn't support these kind of resolution.

3. MOST IMPORTANT: O1 uses Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset that have Adreno200 GPU whereas 551 uses Samsung S3C6410 SOC with some basic 3D accelerator.

4. 551 gives you a physical keyboard but a smaller battery (Android is already power hungry, now a smaller battery) whereas O1's 1500mah gives good backup.

these are added points:

1. O1 have some really capable DEVs at work. bringing out some really good performance ROMs.

2. for those who are not happy with O1's performance can overclock the processor by a massive 200Mhz.

ohhh. thanxx :D
i didnt know abt last point. that sounds kool :D

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
@Sanket - What is your friend's basic needs? If he is a social networking addict and does a lot of messaging or office work like e-mails or documents, then the Galaxy 551 will serve him quite well. I've used that phone and have found the keypad quite nice. And for the battery, softwares from the Android Market like Battery Dr. serve their purpose well.
Otherwise, if your friend needs more power, good battery backup and a lot of applications' support, Optimus One is the way to go.

^ indeed it sounds cool...
will have to try it on my bro's Phone :p

But remember, for overclocking you'll have to root your phone first.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sanket - What is your friend's basic needs? If he is a social networking addict and does a lot of messaging or office work like e-mails or documents, then the Galaxy 551 will serve him quite well. I've used that phone and have found the keypad quite nice.

heavy texter will love 551 for sure.

But remember, for overclocking you'll have to root your phone first.

root + custom kernel. maybe a new rom as the stock rom mayn't support that kernel.

Top Bottom