which one to choose - TCS or Cognizant ??

Which company is better for Freshers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^lol batista bro if are severly misinformed.TCS is the worst possible IT company in India and I really mean it.They select the most no. of IT graduates in India and they give you peanuts as salary and the scope of growth nearly nil.

I would go for Cognizant anyday.But its your call but please dont join TCS.

Yes, TCS is the worst possible company to work for. I myself worked for TCS for over 2 1/2 yrs and let me tell you there are lots of internal politics, many managers are corrupt and lazy and so on.:mad:. Finally I got fed up and joined CTS 1 1/2 yrs ago. While there was no promotion for me in the 2 1/2 yrs of TCS, I just got the news that I got promoted in the mid-year promotion cycle this year in CTS.:p

TCS has lots of domestic clients too and salary is still not so good. Of course this will be realized when in mid-career. They hire in bulk and keep many people in bench. When they cannot allocate a suitable project for long periods of time (I saw this happen), one fine day they will give you notice period and you have to search for a new job.

I do not have nothing much good to say about TCS and not because I am in CTS now and now in US through them. Anyway, it's your call what to do. If I were you, I would have opted for CTS.

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
ohhh... sh!t... Now, I confused a lot... :-(

But, I think it's good to confuse before than middle.. :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I would suggest you to go for CTS for higher salary package becuase this is becuase you are doing up your job for by leaving your higher studies, i assume you family problems are financial, so more money is the better.
i am not saying that money is not thing, promotions do also matter but for promotions will a bottleneck owning to your qualifications, so any company you join they will think twice. you will doing your pg side by side wait till its completed.
So MCA is a must, also if you could manage some Management diploma(Read MBA) it will you resume highlight. as when climbing the corporate ladder after a level the your job will be because managerial than techincal.

May be many won't agree to what i said, but these is my views. Here I may be wrong a little or completely.

[offtopic]
is CTS same as in One night @call center:p
[/offtopic]

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey buddy....who says that TCS through out people... ?

In any IT company it is ur performance which gets u in and out of a comapny...

So how r u able to call TCS not suitable to enter in IT industry

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
arunks said:
hey buddy....who says that TCS through out people... ?

In any IT company it is ur performance which gets u in and out of a comapny...

So how r u able to call TCS not suitable to enter in IT industry
Its not like that man! as mentioned above, TCS hires everyone! The Salary maybe good, but your workplace is what matters for enjoyable work experience.

Its upto you, either join a job where they make you work like horses or a job where they respect every employee.

You'll seriously get pi*sed if your colleagues are bad. :|

Pathik

Google Bot
Go for CTS.. or wait for more companies to come in and join some company wich doesnt hire ppl in bulk..

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
one foolish question
HOWS MICROSOFT? :mrgreen:

its comin in my college this year :mrgreen::mrgreen:

but me is in 3rd sem only :sad:

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
gary4gar said:
So MCA is a must, also if you could manage some Management diploma(Read MBA) it will you resume highlight. as when climbing the corporate ladder after a level the your job will be because managerial than techincal.

I would like to work as Technical rather than Managerial.
So... NO MBA

hmmm.... let me think for MCA or M.Sc.(Computer Science)

And, if company is good then Money doen't matter too much for me.

fun2sh said:
one foolish question

and, yeh..

Is there any other way to interview for Microsoft or Google ??

Both these are NOT coming to our campus... :-(

Last edited:

Nav11aug

In the zone
shirish_nagar said:
Is there any other way to interview for Microsoft or Google ??

Both these are NOT coming to our campus... :-(

Ya, for Microsoft , i can suggest one highly impractical way : Finish reading all volumes of Donald Knuth's "The Art of Computer Programming" , send a mail to Bill Gates and you are guarenteed a job.

fun2sh said:
one foolish question

which colll dude

Last edited:
OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Nav11aug said:
Ya, for Microsoft , i can suggest one highly impractical way : Finish reading all volumes of Donald Knuth's "The Art of Computer Programming" , send a mail to Bill Gates and you are guarenteed a job.

I'm not getting what this mean... :-(

Nav11aug

In the zone
ok .

There is a series of books written by a great guy called Donald E. Knuth .The series is named "The Art of Computer Programming" .

Bill Gates commented on this book(can be found on the backcover) saying "If anyone has completed reading this volume, you can safely send me your resume being assured of a job".

Clear hai?

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
^^then i m going to start readin that book from today. by the way wats its price and where can i get that.will it be available as an ebook

waise mine college is DAYANANDASAGAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERIN IN BANGALORE.
its really a stupid college. no PROPER MANAGEMENT AT ALL.
teacher sucks big time.
but ANY HOW PLACEMENT IS REALLY GOOD
EVEN I DIDNT BELIEVE THAT MICROSOFT IS COMIN TO MY COLLEGE WEN MY FRIENDS TOLD. then they showed me the noticed board and i was like CHALO AB EK HOPE TO HAI NAHI TO I USE TO THINK KI KAHAN JHEL JAGAH AA GAYEN HAIN

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
^^...man ...thats Microsoft's GTSC... think its crap...our placement fello told workin hours is 4pm to 4am...:sad:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I would say that CTS will offer you much better growth prospects than what TCS will...
Consult your seniors and others who are working for these companies to get a much better idea..
If you want i can consult my bro who has a lot of knowledge in this field...

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
I think a poll would have been much better then this Thread any ways

I would say go for the company that is placing u in ur city it will help u a lot

both financially nd mentally If thats not possible go for Cognizant

Much better company then TCS :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Arre bose the poll options are not making any sense.We all knoe Google and yahoo is much better to work at than any of the above 3 companies.Just remove the 4th option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom