Which one-L.A.Noire or GTA IV?

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello,
I recently got Max Payne 3 from Flipkart so I did a little research into Rockstar's other titles.Two of them that really caught my eye are GTA IV and L.A.Noire.It's not like I havent heard of them,but this time I was looking at them with serious intentions. :p
Anyway,my question is-which one should I go for?I can buy only one at this time.:(
GTA IV-
Praised to the highest order,requires a beast to run fully maxed out,based in modern times,looks amazing with something called iCEnhancer(watched it on Youtube) and lastly cheap(Rs.374).(And BTW,is iCEnhancer legal?I heard that GFWL does not allow any modification of game files???)
L.A.Noire-
Praised not so much,runs well on a decent configuration with command line parameters,set in the 1940's(I love,adore,dote upon period games like Mafia II),no iCEnhancer and expensive (Rs.846).
Prices are on Flipkart.My system consists of a core 2 duo E7400,an HD 6850 and 3 GB RAM.And one thing I want to make clear is the fact that I can't try these games from "Unofficial" Sources because I have got Social Club installed on my PC,in which you have to sign in to play and it would be a matter of seconds for Rockstar to know that these games are not original.So,a big NO to that suggestion.:)
Please help me out here.I am leaning towards GTA IV for the sole reason that it's cheap and I am very partial towards games based in the 1940s-50s.I can save up for L.A.Noire ,but please help me to decide. :)

utkarsh73

In the zone
L.A. Noire is a brilliant game and has very different gameplay and I just love its soundtrack. Its the second best I have ever heard. Also the environment is brilliant. The city, the cars, I just love this game. But considering the price GTA IV is more VFM and you don't have to gamble in GTA's case as you must be familiar with the gameplay which is not the case with L.A. Noire. I will say get GTA IV.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Depends on what you're expecting from the games, LA Noire is a pretty mature and story driven game. GTA4, though it has a good story line, is more gameplay driven, fun game, lot of good humor ;)

d3p

PowerHouse
IMO you should also try MAFIA II [in case you haven't played] after L.A NOIRE.

GTA IV is more of an sandbox type & based on a huge story.

If you like GTA IV then you must try Just Cause 2.

Alok

Adventurer
Patch 1.7 no longer needs Rockstar Social Club . You can also use xliveless to play without gfwl.:-D
Icenhancer 2.0 is available , and its really great mod with amazing reflection and lightening effect.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Patch 1.7 no longer needs Rockstar Social Club . You can also use xliveless to play without gfwl.:-D
Icenhancer 2.0 is available , and its really great mod with amazing reflection and lightening effect.

so are you saying i can now play GTA IV on my PC :hyper: ??

i tried when it launched but it never got beyond the loading screen. Initially i thought i have a bad system. But requirement says a diffrent story.
later i got to know that it's port , so it's got problems

Last edited:

Alok

Adventurer
so you are saying i can now play GTA IV on my PC :hyper: ??

i play it at

fps 25-32 (with icenhancer 2.0)

1366x768
Reflection high
Texture high
Shadow "off"
View distance 30
detail distance 70
vehicle density 100
Vsync off

my system :

c2d e7500 @2.9 ghz(stock)
Sapphire Hd 6790 DDR5.
2 GB DDR2 ram

now compare yourself.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Ohk,the majority of people here seem to be saying GTA IV. :D Besides,L.A.Noire is out of stock now at Flipkart.And d3p,I have already played Mafia II. :) Kola2842,are you sure that patch 1.0.7.0 does not require social club and that you can use xliveless(?will google it later :) ) ? I don't want to play GTA IV without iCEnhancer.I hope my system can handle it. :) I read that GTA IV is a really bad port and requires at least a quad core to run properly.So,will a core 2 duo be crushed by it?Thanks for the help everyone. :)

Sarath

iDota
I am quite surprised you didn't mention Red Dead Redemption which has been rated above both your other choices.

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
I don't think red dead redemption is available for pc. Op - go for gta.It's more fun and its good to play occasionally even after finishing all missions. L. A noire is a linear crime detective game. It has different aesthetics. The two games can't be compared

Alok

Adventurer
Ohk,the majority of people here seem to be saying GTA IV. :D Besides,L.A.Noire is out of stock now at Flipkart.And d3p,I have already played Mafia II. :) Kola2842,are you sure that patch 1.0.7.0 does not require social club and that you can use xliveless(?will google it later :) ) ? I don't want to play GTA IV without iCEnhancer.I hope my system can handle it. :) I read that GTA IV is a really bad port and requires at least a quad core to run properly.So,will a core 2 duo be crushed by it?Thanks for the help everyone. :)

yes, you don't need rockstar social club after installing patch 1.7.(when you click on update it will automatically ask you to uninstall it.)
And then search for gta iv xliveless on google , download it and put the file in gta iv library , enjoy . If any problem in downloading , or you can't find link post here or pm me.

And regarding your processor i have just near of yours(e7500) don't worry your gpu and ram will do job.

I am quite surprised you didn't mention Red Dead Redemption which has been rated above both your other choices.

i hate consoles only due to those Exclusive titles.:-(

neo_natasha

Broken In
I second Sarath, surprised that RDR has not been mentioned here.

If you have already played GTA before GTA 4 is no different, bigger better more enthralling.

But LA Noire was first for me too. I didnt know what to expect out of it, but turned out to be quite a surprise. Awesome visuals (I played in a PS3 though), and playing detective is a cool experience. You have to play it. Do play that, followed by RDR and then you can buy GTA4.

P.S - I have no idea about support for your pc spec, cause I lost track of hardware changes a long time ago.

sarthak

In the zone
I didn't like GTA IV when compared to San Andreas in everything except graphics. Still would vote for it over L.A. Noire because its VFM at that price. If you haven't played San Andreas and don't mind the older visuals consider San Andreas also.

It was never launched on PC :-(

EDIT : If you buy GTA IV better buy the complete edition for Rs.578.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
All right,the stakes are heavily in favor of GTA IV. :D Anyway,L.A.Noire is out of stock at Flipkart,so will try and convince my parents whenever it is in stock. ;) But,I would really like to know one thing-is it worth getting GTA IV now coz GTA V is (maybe,not sure :pray: ) about to come in this year???Isn't it better to go for the sequel or is GTA IV too awesome to be left out?
Kola2842,thank you !I will surely trouble you if it does not work out well!:p
thetechfreak,I already have Mafia II.But I uninstalled it when i got my HDD replaced a few months back.And it did not cause me much regret.
And thanks a lot everyone for helping me out.Will also try out L.A.Noire but after GTA IV.And does anyone have any idea when does flipkart restock an item after you request it? :)
And I saw Red Dead Redemption too on Rockstars website.What's it about? :)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Molten skull u should go with the GTA 4.

If u like period games and also like gta series u should check out the Assasins creed series.i like to think that assasins creed series is some *kindof* Gta where the time period is set to ancient times...wow u can even rob the ancient people:D

Top Bottom