Which one-L.A.Noire or GTA IV?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A few days back, L.A. Noire was available for $3.75 on Steam.

That's roughly Rs. 210.

chris

In the zone
I brought GTA 4, but i hate putting CD every time. You may need to use some crack to play without CD (if you want to do this, better get cracked version). If you have internet, better get game that can be activated on steam.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Okay.I got GTA IV...but iCEnhancer doesn't really give good fps although the read-me file says that it improves fps by 25%???Patch 1.0.7.0 still requires me to sign in via social club and xlive.dll in iCE 2.1 removes my saved games.....Am I doing something wrong?And yeah,1.0.7.0 (stock)gives better fps than iCE 2.1.:(

Alok

Adventurer
^ something wrong . Patch 1.7.0 surely removes social club. And i'm playing with icenhancer , its smooth.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
No no,patch 1.0.7.0 does remove social club but when I click on launchGTAIV,then it asks me to sign in via a pop-up window.And which version of Icenhancer and fps?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
iCE enhancer will slow down the game if your pc is weak.
you have 3GB RAM & a dual core CPU, both are not enough for mods, i'd say just enjoy the game as it is, even car ods will slow your PC.

If you really want to enjoy GTA4, play it with "Shadows" (day & night) ON.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Man you should not install any mod before completing your game atleast once . Just play the game as it was meant to be played and enjoy the single player as wel as mp .

pratyush997

Inactive
i play it at

fps 25-32 (with icenhancer 2.0)

1366x768
Reflection high
Texture high
Shadow "off"
View distance 30
detail distance 70
vehicle density 100
Vsync off

my system :

c2d e7500 @2.9 ghz(stock)
Sapphire Hd 6790 DDR5.
2 GB DDR2 ram

now compare yourself.
Dafq I get over 50 fps..+
All ultra settings 1.0.7.0 patch

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
So,,iCEnhancer 2.1 is not for me or rather,iCEnhancer is not for my PC.Why did anyone not mention it to me before I bought this game,even though I clearly wrote --I don't want to play GTA IV without iCEnhancer.I hope my system can handle it. I read that GTA IV is a really bad port and requires at least a quad core to run properly.So,will a core 2 duo be crushed by it?Thanks for the help everyone. At least a hint that my system was not enough would have made me go to L.A.Noire,whenever it was in stock...I've seen it(LAN) run better on a e7500 with command line parameters...It means I just wasted my money... :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
first play it in its vanilla form, if you are not impressed with the graphics, go for mods & mods means you cant play online mp.
theres this ice mod for low end pc -
GTA4-Mods.com - Grand Theft Auto 4 car mods, tools, and more!
go thru comments carefully, its for patch 1.0.4 only.

while using ice, remember one more thing, GTA missions=scripted, so theres a lot of chance that you may never be able to complete some missions in which you have to chase cars/bikes..., since your pc will respond slower(lag).

btw, my core i5 2430m & gt540m run gta4/eflc silky smooth, with shadows on @1366x768.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
???Has anyone ever experienced this?I am getting BETTER fps with all settings on high/very high as compared to medium/high.Have a look yourself-

Benchmark 1-

Statistics
Average FPS: 29.40
Duration: 37.15 sec
CPU Usage: 94%
System memory usage: 75%
Video memory usage: 42%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1600 x 900 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: High
Reflection Resolution: High
Water Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x16
Night Shadows: Medium
View Distance: 22
Detail Distance: 11

Benchmark 2-

Statistics
Average FPS: 30.42
Duration: 37.01 sec
CPU Usage: 94%
System memory usage: 79%
Video memory usage: 90%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1600 x 900 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Shadow Quality: Very High
Reflection Resolution: Very High
Water Quality: Very High
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x16
Night Shadows: Very High
View Distance: 22
Detail Distance: 11

Can anyone please explain whats going on?I thought performance for any game is inversely proportional to settings but....... ????

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Alright,I started playing GTA IV with high/very high settings and the gameplay got better and better when suddenly I only had Niko staring back at me!No buildings,no cars,no trees,nothing!I restarted the game but it keeps repeating this problem after some time.It's driving me up the wall and VRAM usage is at about 800MB.My card is 1gb.....so,why is this happening?

Alok

Adventurer
Lower shadows , off night shadows and 100 to "detail" distance.
I have those problem when i play gta iv on window xp.

Top Bottom