which one is good inel core2duo 2.93ghz or AMD athlon ll x3's

onlyvinodh

Broken In
which is better Intel Core2Duo 2.93Ghz or AMD Athlon ll X3 425/430/435/445?

Today i went to the computer peripheral shop to buy AMD processor athlon ll x3 and the shop owner started saying that AMD has issues with excess heat ,less life span of CPU and other warranty issues.... He kept on focusing on the issues and advised me to go to intel core2duo 2.93ghz procesor ... i was in a very good mood to buy before but the next moment I was in total dilemma ................... dont know what to choose again.?

Is it true that AMD chips dissipate more heat and had different issues with it?
Is it true that AMD chips have less life span (shop owner said so)
Anyways i'll using Linux as primary OS and win7/xp also.. on system.
I'll using it for basic stuff like internet connectivity ,office etc etc and for GAMING as well
Simulation programs like GNS 3 ,other network simulators etc...

PLease Please help with this

i'll be so grateful

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
ALL SHOP GUYS ARE IDIOTIC NOOBS ..... DON'T TRUST THEM and go for AMD x3!
You google and see the results your self AMD has no such issues... and AMD CPUS and very much OCable....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please also mention your budget and what all things you need to buy.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
They have much higher margins in Intel proccys & boards, so they always try to sell Intel. My suggestion would be to up your budget a little and get Athlon II X4 630. It costs around 4.4k. Actually it's cost is lower than C2D 2.93 Ghz. Guaranteed better performance

OP
O

onlyvinodh

Broken In
I went to the shop with this config
AMD Athlon ll x3 435/440 or X4 630/640 's
with Biostar TA785 which has dvi,hdmi ,oc switch etc etc ...
ddr3 ram

->x4 640 5508k approx
->biostar motherboard 5700k approx
->ddr3 ram 2300k
it all costs around 12500 INR:-o :sad: with X4's may be a thousand low with x3's..........

so with biostar motherboard i can even install ddr2 ram right!!!!!!!! costa me less a thousand........:p

then the shop owner gave this intel config
intel core2duo 2.93ghz 5500K
gigabyte G41M-C 3000K
DDR3 RAM 2300K

Anyways i'm gonna stick with AMD .........
Thanks you guys for all the suggestions

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
No point spending the same amount of money and getting a dual core processor when you can get a quad core for the same price. Buy Athlon II X4 635. 640 has been recently launched and costs more. no harm in sacrificing 100 Mhz if you can save 700-800 due to that. Don't buy that biostar mobo, too expensive for its features. Look for Gigabyte GA MA785GMT US2H, Gigabyte GA 880GM UD2H, MSI 785GMA E53, MSI 880GMA E41, MSI 880GMA E45 and boards like these. I'd say go for AMD quad core. Don't buy something which ou will regret having bought later on.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
That Biostar motherboard the OP is talking about is insanely overpriced. It doesn't deserve to be priced more than Rs.4200.

I would strongly suggest the OP to make an online purchase from a shop like SMC International or www.theitwares.com.

so with biostar motherboard i can even install ddr2 ram right!!!!!!!! costa me less a thousand........:p
No, you can't install a DDR2 RAM on a DDR3 motherboard.

Last edited:
OP
O

onlyvinodh

Broken In
Thank you alll
gigabyte is there but no service is provided so i'm gonna have to stick with Biostar
yes its overpriced!!!!!!!!!!

ssb1551

Technomancer
I would strongly suggest the OP to make an online purchase from a shop like SMC International or www.theitwares.com.
Is the price quoted in theitwares.com including or excluding taxes?n does the shipping cost differ from place to place(i.e for e.g will the shipping cost to place x be different to that of place Y or same)?
I wanna buy something from itwares n this would be my1st online purchase so thts y wanna get a clearer picture!!

Top Bottom