Which one is correct?

I'm getting 2 readings from different applications. The ASUS software utility that came with the driver DVD shows 32C while Core Temp shows 49C...

*i.imgur.com/cQiqY.png

*i.imgur.com/xQ7eB.png

sukesh1090

Adam young
download hwinfo from following link based on which os you are using 32 or 64bit.post the screen shot of that here.
hwinfo

Sujeet

Undead!!!
ASUS Utility That came with your mobo should definitely be more accurate in displaying system sensor stats.
Moreover Core temp is showing same temp"49" in all the fields:max,min,current for both cores(biassed).And CPU load is 0%!
Try Open Hardware Monitor.
Its a free utility and gives easy-to-read stats of all the devices on system:
Open Hardware Monitor - CPU Temperature, Fan Speed and Voltages in a Free Software Gadget

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Asus utility is showing the cpu tcase temp and core temp is showing cpu core temps ;-)

Anyway, you can either try HWinfo or HWmonitor for better sensor readings ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ArjunKiller - if you are serious about OCing that cpu ( read to go over 3Ghz ) then think of buying good HSF like CM Hyper 212 Evo but do remember the mobo you have is not a very good OCer as it's meant for entry level market.

The the HWinfo pic is for idle temps and get a cheap cooler- a good TiM from Cm will cost around 500 bucks - but if you get CM TX3 you are getting a TiM tube and the cooler itself at only ~1.2k - so you are only paying 700 bucks for the cooler and a good fan which are much more better than Intel stock HSF ;-)

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Well, under gaming load also, the temperatures do not cross 60 degrees. By the way I am using Zebronics cooler with the TIM that came with the cooler (Total cost 200 :p ), as the Intel HSF was running at just 300-400 RPM..

Edit: How can be the TJ Max be the same as idle temperature? :O

sukesh1090

Adam young
Well, under gaming load also, the temperatures do not cross 60 degrees. By the way I am using Zebronics cooler with the TIM that came with the cooler (Total cost 200 :p ), as the Intel HSF was running at just 300-400 RPM..

can you post the screen shot of it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

the tjmax temp of your cpu is 100c but I'm surprised to see same current/min/max temp - there must be something wrong with your cpu/mobos temp sensor.

Top Bottom