Technomancer
?? are u 2 posting in compliments of each other ?? :lol:
jk
this may clear things up for u
*forums.tech-arena.com/archive/index.php/t-6019.html

PS: the link maybe down since a few days ... do check it later on

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
errr...raven...that link says nothin except that TA is the no 1 result for the search....so how does it clear things up ????!!!

ujjwal

Padawan
I cant believe you all would recommend norton ... it was ok in version 2001 but not after that ...

Anyway resource utilisation wise AVG , PC-Cillin or Antivir ... else Kaspersky ...

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As already said, no AV software is perfect. Personally I dislike Norton because it tries to exercise too much control. I like PC-cillin's user interface and it's pretty good at detection too. AVG's quite good too and the big point in its favour is that it's free.

PC-cillin's companion TSC is useful for rooting out virus code that's hidden in system registry and cannot be flushed out by normal AV. TSC is a free standalone product by Trend Micro, the makers of PC-cillin.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Prevention is better then cure !!!

Get rid of your crappy operating system and use Virus proof operating systems. There are a wide variety of Unix flavours to choose from.

vysakh

Padawan
GNUrag said:
Prevention is better then cure !!!

Get rid of your crappy operating system and use Virus proof operating systems. There are a wide variety of Unix flavours to choose from.

y buy a computer then?? no scare of virii

beaditya

Journeyman
best thing to do is have 2 operating systems with 2 different antivirus installed..............i have kasper and norton.....if one dosent get to the virus the other one does!

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
its better to use a combination of non-confilicting protection.......i mean mc cafee and norton conflict and so you cant use em........i use norton......and spybot........the best which keeps my system clean is an online antivirus scan here: *housecall.antivirus.com
real good and allows you to clean the bugs too

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
I've not used Kaspersky so I can't say abt it...
I'm sticking with NAV from last 4 years... now with NAV 2005... NAV works best for me...
AVG is also good... its detection power is impressive... even with old defs... but I don't like its cluttered interface...

Thinking abt giving Kaspersky a try on my desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom