which one is better Sennheiser CX 180 or Soundmagic E10

akchoudhary24

Broken In
HI Guys

I need a new IEM for my SE Xperia Pro. My Old Soundmagic PL21 dies 1 week ago. So I am now inthe hunt of new earphone in the budget of 1500. I love my PL21, but dont want to buy it again. So I hav narrow down to these two Sennheiser CX 180 or Soundmagic E10. Which one is better. I listen all type of songs. I will buy these on Saturday most probably. SO suggestion please.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Both IEMs sound really good. The E10 may be better. Sennheiser has a wonderful 2 years warranty support, while SoundMagic has 1. The E10 cable is bit longer than the CX180 I guess. Had a CX180 for 2 years.
E10 has got better looks than the CX-180.

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
Thanks Lucky_Star

You said u had CX 180 for 2 year. How is it sound quality? Is it more boomy or balanced.

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Well, I would put CX-180 as bit boomy, though still maintaining clarity in the mids. I never got a chance to try PL-21, but I have used E10 of a friend for a while at my office. The bass is definitely punchy.
With E10, you get silicone eartips as well, while with the CX-180, you will get three standard foam tips.
I emphasized on warranty because, these stuff tend to damage/reduce in volume after a year or so of use. And I got a fresh sealed pack from sennheiser each time, twice. That was in Bangalore. Refer this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/153563-sennheiser-service-really-impressed.html

I'm thinking of buying the E-10 now. Flipkart has got the E10M (which I don't need) while infibeam is out of stock. TheITDepot has a price tag of 2070 bucks while homeshop18 listed it at 1500. Where are you planning to get it? Online or locally?

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
I will most probaly buy from SMC International If I go for E10. It store is near to my house in Delhi. You can order from there online store. SMC Internation
While CX-180 is I think available every where.

kris1842

Right off the assembly line
hello there,i too was in similar dilemma to get an pair of earphones around this range.So doing the normal search and research found soundmagic E10 reviews as promising and ranked as the best in budget category (it sure has burned a hole in my small pocket) ,see this link :Best Buys | whathifi.com for buying ,smc is a famous shop in nehru place in new delhi or you can try homeshop18,both have priced e10 at 1.5k.

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
Hi Bought the Soundmagic E10 on Saturday. and it is Awesome. I bought it from SMC. I hav also bought P21 from the same shop last year

max8824

Broken In
so how is it going with e10.
m planning to buy it too. i mostly listen to progressive house n dubstep.
are they good?? e10??

for how much did u get it ??

Last edited:

Mr.wave

Broken In
Hi Bought the Soundmagic E10 on Saturday. and it is Awesome. I bought it from SMC. I hav also bought P21 from the same shop last year

congrats chowdary. Can you pls show some light on build quality. I am looking for durable one in that budget.

Thanks.

ratul

█████████████████
I am personally using it and they are way better than cx 180 and reliable too.

i think you have'nt read about the reviews tekfusion is getting, see flipkart and read the one star reviews, particularly this one..
All of them got one of their earpiece damaged under 2-3 months..

And guys, even i am confused in choosing the IEM's, my PL-21 are out of warranty now and can die anytime soon, so i would need a good pair of IEM's..
Was considering CX180, but now you say E10 are better sounding.. (I also bought PL21 from SMC, nehru place and yes they have great service, two times i got replacement hand to hand for my PL21, and everytime they gave a brand new packed PL21's, not refurbished ones.. :))...)
But now in this forum, many are saying that ES18 have almost same sound quality as PL21, but are decently priced @ rs.500..
So is it worthy to spend thrice on E10 as compared to ES18???

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
E10M seems to have mircrophone inline.

yes.. I got confused as FK site showed picture of the pin with only 2+1 contacts, if microphones is included then it should be 3+1 .

SoundMAGIC E10M Headphone | Headphone | Flipkart.com

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
I got the E10 from the SMC for Rs. 1500/-. They also replaced my P21 with new piece, I had forget that I had 10 days warranty left on P21, which I realize after seeing the bill so I went to them again and they gave me brand P21 too. :):lol: Now I am proud owner of both E10 and P21.

E10M is with microphone.
@ ratul E10 sound quality is good plus build is also better. So it your pick.

ratul

█████████████████
I got the E10 from the SMC for Rs. 1500/-. They also replaced my P21 with new piece, I had forget that I had 10 days warranty left on P21, which I realize after seeing the bill so I went to them again and they gave me brand P21 too. :):lol: Now I am proud owner of both E10 and P21.

E10M is with microphone.
@ ratul E10 sound quality is good plus build is also better. So it your pick.

congrats, you own both the earphones.. :doublethumb:.
can you further elaborate the SQ of e10 over pl21, lows, mids, highs and what soundstage can i expect.. :)

Top Bottom