which one is better Sennheiser CX 180 or Soundmagic E10

audiophilic

Journeyman
i think you have'nt read about the reviews tekfusion is getting, see flipkart and read the one star reviews, particularly this one..
All of them got one of their earpiece damaged under 2-3 months..

And guys, even i am confused in choosing the IEM's, my PL-21 are out of warranty now and can die anytime soon, so i would need a good pair of IEM's..
Was considering CX180, but now you say E10 are better sounding.. (I also bought PL21 from SMC, nehru place and yes they have great service, two times i got replacement hand to hand for my PL21, and everytime they gave a brand new packed PL21's, not refurbished ones.. :))...)
But now in this forum, many are saying that ES18 have almost same sound quality as PL21, but are decently priced @ rs.500..
So is it worthy to spend thrice on E10 as compared to ES18???

Hey Mate, i think you have been brainwashed by someone in the wrong direction. Seriously speaking, Twinwoofers aren't as bad as some have portrayed them. Also, Tekfusion's service is not bad at all. Flipkart reviews can't be trusted for sure, at least not all IMO, my older pair of Twinwoofers is perfectly working. If in case i have any issues in near future, i will surely report here. I am perfectly satisfied with what i got and the white edition is super-cool too. You should have asked Tekfusion for a replacement if you had any issues with your pair, they are very nice to deal with. The problem of left/right channel dying is a very common problem, it also occurred to my 2 week old sennheiser cx300II which i got replaced. On the other hand even the CX300II i got cannot match the solid sound of Twinwoofers (at least according to my ears which i can trust more than anyone's). In my honest persona experience, i would say that sennheiser products are overpriced but not over-hyped. You can easily get twice the quality with other products. Just sharing my 2 cent experience, nothing personal.

Last edited:

sukant

Fragholic
@audiophilic
HE is not brainwashed by any one , that guy has been asked Rs.500 by tekfusion by mail thats what he has reported . Maybe you should also see the tone of the letter Tekfusion has written to esantosh when he asked for a review sample . A company which can fall to such low standards , i wonder how good will be their service .
The CX-180 is a pretty good earphone , CX300 II dont have many positive reviews to follow so you cannot say its a upgrade to CX-180 just by price .
I would anyday go for a Soundmagic or a Sennheiser over a tekfusion after reading all this what has happened .
& how can you say they offer good service without even having a replacement issue so far .

audiophilic

Journeyman
@audiophilic
HE is not brainwashed by any one , that guy has been asked Rs.500 by tekfusion by mail thats what he has reported . Maybe you should also see the tone of the letter Tekfusion has written to esantosh when he asked for a review sample . A company which can fall to such low standards , i wonder how good will be their service .
The CX-180 is a pretty good earphone , CX300 II dont have many positive reviews to follow so you cannot say its a upgrade to CX-180 just by price .
I would anyday go for a Soundmagic or a Sennheiser over a tekfusion after reading all this what has happened .
& how can you say they offer good service without even having a replacement issue so far .

Its up to you if you have more money to spend on overpriced products. Also, about their upgrade program - everyone knows about it (especially if you are following them on facebook), and its optional too. It was for those who had a very old pair of Twinwoofers and wanted to trade it with a newer version that has many improvements. Nothing wrong with that, because they have left it upon the owner of the product to upgrade or not (someone forgot that part). Its like Omega or Citizen, who has the same policy for their watches. You can easily trade an old one for a new one by paying a little, which can be worth it (read their blog on improvements). In fact, i just recently traded my Sony Ericsson w8 for a Live with Walkman by paying not the actual cost, so that was an upgrade for me. This was done through a local sony dealer. It has nothing to do with low standard, almost all companies have this kind of policies, you should go out more. If sennheiser can give you this kind of offers, you should be pretty damn lucky!

Last edited:
Top Bottom